So the bank won't approve my initial mortgage request as I'm still tied to my Ex's finances. I am highly qualified but my ties to him are holding me back and there is nothing I can do to change his position. So if I could find someone to cosign for me I'd be home free. Figured this would be a no brainer for my mom/dad. No risk to them, I have a huge downpayment and a very well paying job. But they said NO. I asked why and was told that they didn't want to be on the hook should I have an accident and be unable to make my monthly payments. I offered that that was why I had "insurance". Mom then struck back with they were "looking out for themselves now and I needed to go find a sugar daddy". Seriously, that is what she said to me. We are no longer speaking and may not speak again ever. I've increased the amount I would put out for a downpayment and provided 3 house options to the bank where I would need substantially less of a mortgage. I sure hope they go for it. Failing that I will visit my own bank (I've been dealing with his) and a few mortgage brokers. Someone has to cut me some slack here and let me move on with my life.