Thread: Canine Lifeguard On Duty

Canine Lifeguard On Duty

Saves puppy from drowning in pool. Pretty cool dog.

http://www.vetstreet.com/our-pet-exp...drowning-puppy
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I saw this posted on Facebook, but I didn't want to watch it at work (no LES at work). Honestly I didn't want to watch it at all. Then I get home and my boyfriend pulls it up and is watching it. I kind of watched it. Then I thought...............why didn't the person filming help the puppy!?!?!? And that's when I thought that it was a staged incident. Sure it has a happy ending, but still........I don't like it.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Staged or not, that sure brought a swell of emotion from me.

That Lab (or whatever it was) would have been so full of Treats, the Dachshund would have had to rescue him, the next time they took a dip.

Then, beyond just the act of rescue, the Lab pulled that little guy so far away from the water, it'd took him ten minutes to get wet again !
    Sneakers, Becca, Ichabod & NA'vi

Dogs know that you love them, whether you own them or not
    If you’re not watching FREE TV, you should be !

What a smart dog that rescued the pup! I saw that clip on the news this morning and thought the same as Taz. Why didnt the person filming help save the puppy? I wouldnt be at all surprised if the event was staged. Whatever it was, I'm glad puppy is ok. That big dog sure did drag pup out of pool and took it a good distance from danger--good dog!

I admit that it looked like the Puppy may have been thrown into the Pool, but...

But even with that, think of the intuitiveness the Adult Dog had to come up with, to figure out he couldn't help from in the water, and got out and pulled the little guy out with is teeth.

I just don't know if a Dog can be taught/trained to do that (make that type of decision).

GEES, I envy the owners of that animal !
    Sneakers, Becca, Ichabod & NA'vi

Dogs know that you love them, whether you own them or not
    If you’re not watching FREE TV, you should be !

Quote Originally Posted by SWHouston View Post

But even with that, think of the intuitiveness the Adult Dog had to come up with, to figure out he couldn't help from in the water, and got out and pulled the little guy out with is teeth.

I just don't know if a Dog can be taught/trained to do that (make that type of decision).

It looks like the big dog was trained to do exactly what he did. Rescue the pup from the water. He knew where the steps in the pool
    were & he used those to get out & pull the pup to safety.

Of course the human impluse would be to do the rescue themselves, but I suppose that wasn't the point of this excercise.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt