Thread: Can I bathe Charlie?

Can I bathe Charlie?

I forgot to put a diaper on him last night & he peed in his kennel & he now smells strongly of pee. He was fixed on the 21st & I'm just worried that its too soon to bathe him. His vet is closed so I can't call to ask them.

Does anyone know if its safe to bathe him?

You're not supposed to get the area wet for 2 weeks after the neuter. Maybe you can get some baby wipes and wipe him down to make him smell a little better?
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

As she said, I'd not bathe him, but a soapy wet wash cloth around the area may help just make sure the incision area stays dry.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13 View Post
    You're not supposed to get the area wet for 2 weeks after the neuter. Maybe you can get some baby wipes and wipe him down to make him smell a little better?
    Shoot, thats what I thought but couldn't remember. I'm not too sure about the baby wipes, but I might pick up some of Natures Merical no rinse shampoo, as thats suppose to help with smelly dogs. I was just hoping that I wasn't going to have to leave the house this weekend. Thanks Charlie :P

I process contracts at the shelter and I was just reading the post-op instructions to someone today. It says do not bathe them for 7 days and do not let them swim for 2 weeks. I guess everyone could have their own opinion on it though.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I would try half and half vinegar and water on a washcloth, the vinegar seems to take the smell out.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

It should be fine to bathe him - just dont spray water directly on the incision or scrub incision area!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits