Thread: Big changes for Jackie Loo!

Big changes for Jackie Loo!

Well, I have been talking about this for ages and it has finally happened! Jack moved in with me last Sunday after living apart for 5 years. I was so excited, it was like bringing home a new dog that I've known for a long time.

I finished my apprenticeship and exams and am now officially a Funeral Director. The funeral home I'm currently with and living at asked me if I wanted to stay on full time, and as an incentive they told me the "dog ban" had been lifted and they would love if Jack came to live with me.

He has been EXCELLENT. Everybody in the office loves him and he is on cloud nine with all of the attention.

A picture as we packed up some of his things from home

Trying to look comfortable in one of the chairs in the office

I am so happy <3

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Aww, Jackie Loo! That is a big, happy change! I bet you will bring lots of smiles and healing to the funeral home clients!

Edited to add: The second picture from the top-- I love Jackie Loo's smooth, shining coat! Gentle kiss *kiss* for the top of your head, Jack!
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 03-31-2012 at 02:10 PM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Congratulations both to you, and Jackie Loo! I am sure just by being himself, he will bring comfort to some people, and he's already properly attired for funerals in his own black coat!
    I've Been Frosted

Welcome home Jackie Loo! He's so beautiful!

That is awesome! What a handsome boy Jack is! Hug him for me.

This is great news! Good to see Jack!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Aw Jack!! I am so happy for you and your Mommy!! Congrats!

That is wonderful news .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Lovely that you can be together! Congrats on completing the training and getting a full time position. Well done!

Tell us about the area, is there a back yard with grass, or does Jackie have to get regular walks (not a bad thing, lol)?

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Lovely that you can be together! Congrats on completing the training and getting a full time position. Well done!

Tell us about the area, is there a back yard with grass, or does Jackie have to get regular walks (not a bad thing, lol)?
    My boss lives next door and has a lovely fenced backyard that we can use whenever we want (he has a Golden and a Yorkie) and the owner lives right next door as well (with a Bernese Mt. Dog) and has a large grassy area. I've been training for a half marathon though, so we usually take a long walk early in the morning and run later in the day. This town is so dog friendly and there are fabulous trails all around that we can explore. All of my colleagues have let it be known that they'll help walk him during the busier work times. I think it's going to work out great

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Quote Originally Posted by k9krazee View Post
    My boss lives next door and has a lovely fenced backyard that we can use whenever we want (he has a Golden and a Yorkie) and the owner lives right next door as well (with a Bernese Mt. Dog) and has a large grassy area. I've been training for a half marathon though, so we usually take a long walk early in the morning and run later in the day. This town is so dog friendly and there are fabulous trails all around that we can explore. All of my colleagues have let it be known that they'll help walk him during the busier work times. I think it's going to work out great
    That is just so wonderful. Dog people are the best!

Wow, you have a great place for a dog owner! I think Jackie is very lucky.

Ashley, big congrats to you! You've accomplished so much and should be so proud of yourself. I'm so happy to hear that you and Jack are now permanently together. I know how much he means to you. I love Jackie Loo, so please pass along some hugs to him from me.

that is awesome Ash! I'm so happy for you on all accts!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..