Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our sweet Snowball finally succumbed to CRF today

Quote Originally Posted by AvaJoy View Post
    Seeing this thread really hits home, because my white cat Schuyler is suffering from CRF. I do not know how much longer he has with us. He has lost so much weight, and doesn't eat as heartily as when he was healthy. We give him sub-q fluids daily. I am so very sorry about Snowball. When I get on my home computer I can look at her video and photos, because flickr and youtube are blocked here at work. My vet said white cats seem to suffer more afflictions than other cats. Odd. I hope with time your tears will turn to smiles in remembering Snowball's impact on your lives. Blessings and purrs to you.
    Well, Snowball was about 17 years old at the time of her passing, which isn't too bad. And aside from CRF, which can creep up on just about any cat if it lives long enough, she was very healthy. I also had one other white cat when I was very young and she was also very healthy and lived until about the same age as Snowball.

I once had a second cat, Mr. B, who also suffered from CRF. He passed away in November of 2008. It was a race to see whether his CRF or a cancerous tumor in his sinuses would take him first, and the cancer eventually did it. A cat can live with CRF for a very long time. Snowball was first diagnosed with it about 4 years ago. I'm sure your Schuyler is fighting the good fight!

I'm so sorry for your loss. Snowball sure was a beauty. RIP sweet girl.

I just looked at Snowball's pictures, and her darling youtube video! That is a game I play under an area rug with a stick toy, and call it rug rats. The cats love it. She was precious. Somehow I don't think Schuyler will last years. His weight has really dropped off. His attitude remains stoic, but again cats are masters at hiding infirmities. Thanks for your encouraging words.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs