Thread: Can U recommend good harness?

Can U recommend good harness?

I'm looking for personal reviews of dog harnesses -- especially for small dogs. My own dog-girl is 10 lbs of power when we walk and I'm concerned about her throat with a regular collar and leash, because she follows her tiny dachshund nose and pulls like mad! She has also evidenced a tendency to be a canine Houdini, if ya know what I mean! Having looked around at the various products, I'm totally confused and I refuse to buy yet another product without first talking to people who can comment.

Thanks for your comments,
    Lenore
    Lenore
    Chica's Mom

You are a good dog mom to be thinking about this!

I have bichons, prone to collapsed trachea, we always use a harness on bichons. My girl Tasha is a puppy mill rescue. When she first got here, she would easily spook and just escape and run. Thank goodness she'd run home!

I found the Rope n Go and love it. This is the only harness she was not able to escape from:
    http://www.ubraidit.com/supplies-thumbs.php?cat=81

With time and training, she has calmed down quite a bit. She's been to lots of classes, walks in parks, things to socialize her with dogs and people, as well as just get used to the world. For the past 6 months, I've also used a Walkeez with her. She has not escaped from it, BUT I want to emphasize that she's been with me 3 years and calmed down plenty in that time. http://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?fu...roduct_id=1699

I highly recommend you start with the Rope N Go for a "Houdini dog!"

I personally like the no pull harness. They clip in the front instead of the back. It keeps them from pulling a lot I'm not sure if you'd need it for a little dog or not, but it works great for my Lab

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

I don't have a little houdini dog but I can say those rope n go harnesses are very similar to the nylon cord harnesses used for rodents and ferrets. They are much harder to get out of than a harness with more material. I've never had a rat get this type of harness off but they always slipped out of the vest ones.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I use the "comfy control" harness, which is an "As seen on TV product", but hey I bought it at wal-mart for $10. I use it everywhere for Mikey; Pet stores, neighborhood walks, parks, hikes, etc. It really has helped stopped his awful pulling and it is pretty sturdy. It's made like the puppia harness. I quite like it and it seems pretty escape proof.

Good luck with your search!! I really like the Rope-n-go to, do they sell that at petstores?

CCH website:
    https://www.comfycontrolharness.com/...FcRM4AodDm7y0A