Thread: Snake breeding progression thread...

Hybrid View

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY There are eggs!

Pearl laid 22 eggs today - 20 are definitely good, 1 may or may not be, so it's being incubated anyways, and 1 was definitely a slug, so I fed it to Grendel. She also still has one egg stuck high up in her body. I'm concerned, but hopefully a meal and a few round in the bathtub for some exercise will push the last one out.

Now the long wait before hatching - should be a little over two months.

Of course, I was way too excited to remember to get pictures, so I'll have to get some pics of them in the incubator in the next few days.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations to you & Pearl. That is a lot of babies to hatch out. In the wild where would they lay their eggs & would they guard them against prey? Could Pearl absorb the egg that hasn't come down back into her system? Are the eggs soft shelled like turtle eggs? I hope Pearl will pass her egg safely.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Oh babies on the way! Nice surprise for Mothers Day!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    Congratulations to you & Pearl. That is a lot of babies to hatch out. In the wild where would they lay their eggs & would they guard them against prey? Could Pearl absorb the egg that hasn't come down back into her system? Are the eggs soft shelled like turtle eggs? I hope Pearl will pass her egg safely.
    In the wild they lay their eggs in a sheltered area and hen leave them. Unfortunately, it's unlikely for her to reabsorb the last egg at this point, it will have to come out...with any luck food/swimming/massaging her will push it out without the need for drastic measures. Yes, the eggies are soft like turtle eggs. Good eggs are white and fluffy and feel like marshmallows. The dud egg she laid was yellow and squishy.

Congratulations to Pearl, and to you, too!
    I've Been Frosted

Congrats Pearl! I hope everything goes well with mommy and eggs. I can't wait to see pictures of the babies!

RIP Sally

The final egg passed safely, and it looks good!! Bringing the total to 22 good eggs, the iffy one is gaining veins and looking excellent.

Yay! Good job, Pearl!
    I've Been Frosted