Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introducing..................... ((drum roll))

Introducing..................... ((drum roll))

Well we brought home the new kitten, she is such a doll, very cute indeed. The little polydactyl baby is almost 10 weeks old, and she is using the litter box.. We put her in the bathroom for the first night, and she cried and cried all night long. She has access to her own litter box, water, and food in the bathroom... Along with some toys.. Raven Doesn't like the kitten one bit....
    We introduced them today because my son accidently left the bathroom door open, and the new kitten escaped out into the living room.. Where Raven waited patiently.. Well Raven was NOT happy she hissed at the kitten and growls at it ALOT. She even tried to attack it.. I'm not sure if its normal.. But I was prepared with the squirt bottle... I have squirted her a couple of times since the kitten has been roaming around.. I know she is VERY territorial. I am not sure if she will adjust to the new kitten.. I am hoping she will. If not the kitten will have to go back . Any advise on making this adjustment easier for Raven??

Without further ado .....

Introducing ....

Our new Torti Polydactyl baby girl ....

Prudence AKA Prune
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5613.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	442.0 KB 
ID:	52985   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5614.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	389.1 KB 
ID:	52986  
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

few more pics... tried to get one of her extra toes for you to guys to see..

Also some of Raven Raisin >^-^<
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5616.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	445.1 KB 
ID:	52987   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5615.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	494.6 KB 
ID:	52988   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5619.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	476.7 KB 
ID:	52989   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5620.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	338.9 KB 
ID:	52990  

Also..

Is it normal for Raven to growl at us even when the kitten is in her room, and not visible?.
    When we pet her she growls, and she even randomly hisses at us all.

Having Dealt with Bertie growling at everybody, it could be normal for Raven. She is establishing territory. And she is mad at you. When I tried to introduce a kitten to RB Rosie, she growled horrifically at me. The kitten had to go live with my mom. And I couldn't get Bertie to stop unless I put her in time-out.

So good luck and keep trying. I have used Feliway and it helps somewhat.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

BTW, she is beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by tikeyas_mom View Post
    Well we brought home the new kitten, she is such a doll, very cute indeed. The little polydactyl baby is almost 10 weeks old, and she is using the litter box.. We put her in the bathroom for the first night, and she cried and cried all night long. She has access to her own litter box, water, and food in the bathroom... Along with some toys.. Raven Doesn't like the kitten one bit....
    We introduced them today because my son accidently left the bathroom door open, and the new kitten escaped out into the living room.. Where Raven waited patiently.. Well Raven was NOT happy she hissed at the kitten and growls at it ALOT. She even tried to attack it.. I'm not sure if its normal.. But I was prepared with the squirt bottle... I have squirted her a couple of times since the kitten has been roaming around.. I know she is VERY territorial. I am not sure if she will adjust to the new kitten.. I am hoping she will. If not the kitten will have to go back . Any advise on making this adjustment easier for Raven??

Without further ado .....

Introducing ....

Our new Torti Polydactyl baby girl ....

Prudence AKA Prune
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

OMG the cuteness you forgot to warn us I just love her fuzziness and the tail and those cute little feet. She's a doll baby

Welcome to PetTalk baby Prudence
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Oh my gosh she is adorable!
    No real advice since I failed at getting my RB Scooter Bug and my others to ever get along... I lucked out and Jingle Belle & Charlie get along great.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Give it some time, Raven may adjust pretty well, many cats do. Don't worry about it much yet, just keep a watchful eye on the situation!
    I've Been Frosted

Does Raven sleep on your bed at night? I am just trying to think of a way you can keep them separated for a while, but still give Prune her cuddles. It must be heartbreaking hearing her cry in the bathroom.

At least separate them during the day. Use the old towel trick...take a towel or cloth that Prune has been sleeping on and switch it with something similar that Raven uses. That way Raven gets used to the scent.

Just keep reassuring Raven. When I was a kid, we had one adult cat that stayed grumpy with us for quite some time before settling down...and it took a firm word or two.

How long had Prune been with you before the accidental introduction? They should be separated for at least a week.

And yes - Feliway can help a lot!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by tikeyas_mom View Post
    Also..

Is it normal for Raven to growl at us even when the kitten is in her room, and not visible?.
    When we pet her she growls, and she even randomly hisses at us all.
    Your new baby is adorable!
    When I brought Missy home(she was 3 months old) RB Sassy (who was 10 months old) was a beast!I couldn't even walk past her or she'd growl at me! In time, they got along quite well.
    When I brought Angel home, Missy wasn't too upset. Tessa coming here was another story. Missy made it quite clear she needed to stay away from her. Eight months later, they have been cuddled up with each other.
    I never really separated my cats much when I brought them home. Give it some time. Of course be cautious as Raven could hurt Prune as she is only a kitten.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Hello, sweet adorable Prudence and hello, beautiful Raven!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

give them time.. and then some more.. lol.. I know a pair who can coexist in the same space.. but God forbids their paths cross.. swat-fight.. hiss n growl.. but all settles with one shhshh of me.. then they go their merry way..

Raven must be reaaaally mad at you for bringing a stranger into her territory.. and more so as YOU smell like her too.. I'm not sure if it works for cat-cat too.. but place a powel with the kitty smell under Ravens food dish.. so she smells her while she eats something yummy and associates the smell of the "intruder" with not so bad stuff..

give her treats if she tolerates her within her sight.. then near.. it may take time.. esp as kittens are noisy and rambunctious.. lol
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Baby kitty!!!!! Swoon.

OMG...yes...cuteness warning was in order.

Little fluff ball kitty. I am going through kitten withdrawal as usual.

Yes, your older cat is out of sorts. It will all come together. She needs to adjust.

It's going to take time. Kittens are resilient when it comes to introductions. Pay a LOT of attention to Raven. Make her know that SHE'S the one. Older cats will show the newbie the ropes. Hissing and growling is normal. The cat's outta the bathroom now. What I would do is never leave them alone. When you're gone, put the newbie in the bathroom for her own safety. Only let her out when you are around to supervise.

Also, as I ALWAYS say, FELIWAY!!! It is a miracle spray in a bottle. Spray the rooms with it. It'll calm them both down and make the transition a little easier.

She is GORGEOUS!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

What a wonderful Little Cat of the Future you are such a little doll.
    Raven will soon get along with her new littlr friend , once she gets used to the antics and craziness that a Little Kittren can bring to a home.
    CoCatUlations on your New Little MagnfiKitten
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS