The other day we pulled up to the house and the masons were there putting the bricks up on the front of the house.

They greeted us and were a little irritated in their welcome.

One of them asked, "Do you own a cat?"

Which was rather strange because the Edster hadn't been around because of all of the mess....Doris said, "Yes, but he's not here....."

The three of them, A burly looking bunch of guys, were really ticked off because the cat they saw, was a stray that we had never seen in the area before, was crying up a storm....

The poor cat was emaciated and hanging around the workers, looking for a hand out.....

It was near the next door neighbor's porch, hiding in the bushes.

Doris asked me if we had any cat food - I said we had some canned food and ran into the house to grab it.

I popped open the can and put some down for the poor kitty......She jumped all over the sample and began to eat like a little pig.

I waited for her to finish the small bit of food and when I went to put another bit down, she almost jumped off the ground to get another bite to eat.

We went into the house and the workers finally packed up and left.....the lady next door came home and told us that she put out some milk for the cat, who had been hanging around her house for a little while.....

As we went to leave, the kitty had settled on the porch of the house, so I put mat out for her to relax and to get her off the cold concrete. We left, knowing that the lady next door would keep her eye out for this poor stray while we were gone.

--------------------

The next day we came back and the masons were putting the finishing touches on the facade...there had been a snowstorm that left quite a bit of ice on the ground.

I asked the workers if they had seen the cat and they said, "No....".

I wondered what happened to the wayward cat until the neighbor lady came home and stuck her head out the back door..

She told us that her daughter came over and POOFED the kitty to her house.

She told us that the daughter had even taken the kitty to work with her to make sure she was cared for and fed...

Needless to say, I was happy to get the news.

I'll have to get more info on how this kitty went from Stray to Stay!

I'll let you all know!