Thread: Um, dog food is for dogs!

Um, dog food is for dogs!

Poor Callie, she can't get a break around here. She has to wait til Trixie is done eating DOG FOOD before she can eat it.

Excuse me, but I am eating here! Callie will have her turn!

Even Mystic tries to get to Callie food - even while Callie is eating

And this is the dog that all the cats were terrified of when she first came here. It took them a year to realize they could dominate her.

Oh, ha ha haaa. what a great set of photos! Poor Callie!

But it does make me wonder, what food do you feed - the cats AND the dog? I mean, long term, cats can not live and be healthy on dog food, their nutrition needs are quite different. With the exception of one brand / formula of canned, my cats turn up their noses at the dog food here, and I feed a high quality food!

Poor doggie! Doesn't seem to understand basic rules...cats rule!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Oh, ha ha haaa. what a great set of photos! Poor Callie!

But it does make me wonder, what food do you feed - the cats AND the dog? I mean, long term, cats can not live and be healthy on dog food, their nutrition needs are quite different. With the exception of one brand / formula of canned, my cats turn up their noses at the dog food here, and I feed a high quality food!
    The cats aren't supposed to eat Callie food, nor is Callie suppoed to eat cat food.... but they all ignore those rules

Seriously though, Mystic and Pouncer are still on Prescription food (and will awlays be on the doctor's diet) and they are NOT allowed to eat Callie's food. Since someone is always home, we know when either boy is trying to eat dog food.

Trixie is whole 'nother story. We'll let her eat a bite or two and then shoo her away. We let her have one or two bites because if she doesn't get them, she will do everything in her furry power to get Callie's food. Smart kitty actually figured out how to get to the storage container under the bowl! The vet said she's ok with a couple morsels of what we're feeding Callie... which is a good food. Nicki taught me what happens when you use cheap food -- lots more poop and expensive trips to the vet.

Phred would feed Boots on a counter in the bathroom, I believe, as the Prayer Pups would have the cat food gone in a minute!!! When I had a dog and a cat - I had to put the cat food "up" to discourage Sapphire from helping herself!!!

Now I have to deal with an expanding cat (Lulu) who would eat all the wet food in sight and Bibette who on some days is not interested in it, having filled herself up on dry. So Bibette is given dispensation and allowed to have her wet food on a small table in the kitchen. Otherwise, Lulu's White Coat would haul me in for cat abuse if she gains any more.

B&L's Mom2

It is usually the case that you would have to put the Cats food up so that the Dog would not eat it
    Poor Callie has to have a special place to eat her dinner
    What sort of food is that , My Found Hotel Cats have never shown an interest in Dog Food
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Trillian won't touch dog food. Patch, however.......

If Lady's eating it, it must be good, therefore Patch has to try and horn in on puppy supper, or at a minimum scavenge any kibbles left on the floor. Lady reciprocates.

She only gets touchy about it when Patch tries to take her moozles or pig ears.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Kyubey always manages to snatch a kibble or three from Jasper while he's eating. Silly boys.