Thread: Doodie dropping rant.

Doodie dropping rant.

As you all may know, we have moved into a temp housing situation.

Tucker the dog, gets walked often - It's a change from just opening up the back door and letting him run outside to take care of business.

The complex is very pet friendly and I have seen about 10 dogs and their owners out and about in the last week.
    The planners made sure that the pets have two large areas to TCOB and have even installed potty stations, poles with plastic lined baskets, signs and even a little plastic bag dispenser. The are two areas, in the largest there are three of the stations along a large strip of grass, easily within 30 yards of each other.

----------------

When I first walked the Tuckster in that area, I was totally jazzed about the idea that the designers had made sure that there were this special areas. As I walked along the strip towards the first station, I was distracted by the station - being a guy and loving all things mechanical, architectural - not to mention curious - I walked towards the first, saw that there were no bags in the dispenser, then moved towards the second......

I always make sure that I have my own bags to pick up after the dog, so I was more interested in how the station is constructed, the materials used, how it's put together and other things that regular people just gloss over.

As I walked to the next station, I didn't notice all the crap on the grass.

I was frigging stunned.

I literally felt like I was in a mine field.

--------------------

I was really irritated.

I stopped and wondered how people could be so effing lazy and stupid.

I could pick up a rock and throw it from from either end of the area and not hit the station in the middle.

Is it that difficult to bend over and pick up after your dog, then walk a few feet to toss it into a bucket on a pole?

---------------------

The people that run the apartment setup took into consideration the pet owners that would move in, so why are people so lazy and inconsiderate????

Ugh, this wrankles me arse more than anyone realizes.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

It is lazy and rude. I can't imagine they like taking their dogs back to that area?!

We have a few folks in our neighborhood who never pick up after their dogs as they walk them. Guess what? It is the BIG dog owners: the Akita guy, and the big German Sheperd (we have 3 smaller GSDs). Guess what? Big dogs mean big poops - and those are the ones being left around!

That IS rude and lazy. Two of my pet peeves are litterbugs and people who don't pick up after their dogs.

SOOOO glad I have cats!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I feel your pain!!! I have one pair of neighbors who let their very LARGE dogs run loose in spite of a city law against such things. Guess whose yard the make a bee line for and leave a large deposit every stinking time?
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had an older lady in the neighborhood that walked her chocolate lab around without a leash. And she let the dog potty on anyone's lawn. And never cleaned up after the dog. I don't care about pee, but don't let your darn dog poop on my lawn!!

At the dog park we go to they have several poop bag stations. However, the past 5 times I've been there most of them are empty. There are two right next to each other as soon as you enter the park (not the dog area) and those have been empty for months. How can people clean up if there aren't any bags? I know, bring your own. But I always forget! A couple times now Taggart has pooped right before we get to the dog park area. So I just go get a bag and go back and clean it up.

Also, while in the dog area I walk the perimeter of the field. Taggart is getting exercise so I might as well too. I really have to watch where I'm walking........so many land mines!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

The newspaper comes in a nice plastic bag that I stash and use as a poop bag. It's long and perfect to use as a shiat mitt. (No political jokes, please, I happen to like Romney.....)

I didn't mention, in my original rant, the people who don't even bother the let the dogs get to the poop park.

There is an area between the parking lot and the building where people let the dogs poop on the sidewalk and grass area. I won't let Tuck poop or pee near the building - Poor dog looks back at me and practically begs me to go whiz......"Dad, can I go here?"

But, I think that is part of teaching the dog how to be a good pet citizen.

----------------------------------

Someone left two different dogs drop a deuce near the walkway and one of the smaller turds was just left on the sidewalk. I know what you mean about the Huge Dog/Huge Deposit. there is a giant Dobie that goes for a walk and I never see the owner with any kind of bag or paper in their hands.

I also know that the dogs only come out either early or late. When the lazy owners can get away with it.

I guess as long as there are unresponsible pet owners on the planet, the problem will go on.

I think what annoys me most about this is that, like you mentioned, the owners of the complex made it extremely dog friendly and clear that they want the poop picked up.

Around here, the people that never ever friggin clean up their dogs poop, are the first to get mad about dog poop all over the place!! My dad took Mikey out last weekend for a poop walk and walked a bit down the block, and Mikey pooped on someone's lawn. My dad bent down to pick it up and the guy walking by was in shock. He complimented my dad and said he was happy to see someone finally cleaning up after their dog.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Seems that folks in that complex should consider themselves lucky that they are even allowed to have a dog, since so many places restrict them. It appears that is a very pet friendly place to live - just hoping that the lazy owners don't spoil it for everyone else. Fortunately I have acreage and don't have to worry about my Fuzzbuttz leaving deposits where they shouldn't, and seldom have any dogs come thru here to leave their calling card.
    When I was still working, a group of us were talking about our dogs during one of our breaks. One individual had a very large dog, and referred to the deposits he made as "cow piles"! I said that was one thing I didn't have to deal with, with my little ones - they just leave "sausage links"!
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

That is so inconsiderate and rude. Maybe you should bring it up at the next complex meeting (if they have any)?

This is why so many apartments don't allow dogs. My lease has it written in that if you are caught not picking up after your dog its a $50 fine, and yet so many people don't pick up after them. I like to go out in the yard without stepping in poop.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton