Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big news, new comers and a long story..

Big news, new comers and a long story..

It's a loooooong story.. but worth it.. believe me..
    I will start from the very beginning.. so it will take a lil while, but not that much :P.. anyway.. in one of the FBrescue pages I frequent was a post saying a dog had been hit by a car and they were asking if anyone had it near and could go and check it out and take a pic to see what condition the dag was in..

well.. it all took place on the way to my kid's school.. needless to say I drove by.. saw the dog.. saw his injured paw.. (don't worry no blood, it was an old injury).. so I got off the car to take a pic and show he was ok.. but.. yeah.. there´s a but.. haha when I did the dog stood up and started wagging his tail off and had a look as if saying "yay! you came for me".. so yes, I opened the door and he tried to get in, I had to help a bit because of his paw, but once in he layed down all the way back home... aww..

how could I leave such a sweet dog making puppy eyes to me..

once home he let himself in all the way to the backyard, as if he knew and had lived here forever..

next day, I took him to the vet so he could check him out and see if there was anything that could be done about his paw.. results his injury was at least 2-3 months old and already set.. only option was amputation of the leg.. but wasn't recommended nor needed.. the dog can walk, just fine and doesn't seemed to be bothered by it, only he wouldn't put weight on it.. other than that he was ok.. he behaved great

this is a pic of his paw.. two fingers are completely crushed/twisted.. makes me sad he never got that looked after earlier

next stop, groomers..everyone there loooooooved him.. they said he had the sweetest temper and wondered how long I had had him.. they were shocked to know it was 1 day only :P.. he did awesome and came out looking even more beautiful and now you could see more clearly his spots

he's a Dalmatian.. but his genetics were pretty weird.. allowing almost non spots to show up on the white fur.. (he does have some but few and faint).. and a gorgeous set of blue eyes (he's not deaf btw)

I had not seen any reports of a missing dog with his caracteristics.. and until now I still haven't.. not on posters, newspaper, internet, anywhere.. seems noone is missing him.. not even since before he got injured.. and I couldn't keep calling him "dog".. so I named him ASTRO..

and yes, he's still here .... hehehe (I posted him in hopes to find a furever home, but it's unsettling wondering who'd be the right person for him.. he's all love.. but would anyone love him despite his bad paw?.. would he be kicked out because of it?.. and it seems my folks are rather in an awwww mood with him.. not sure if because of his paw.. but it has made him stay this long.. lol)

wel.. this is Astro's story.. the name totally suited him.. (Astro= celestial body= star= sky= blue& white)

-----------------------------
    then... came along Hoover.. haha..(this name was just given like the day before yesterday).. a guy had a Rottie momma and was going out of town.. and had left 3 rottie babies.. but momma was bitting them too much and since he would not be here, his mom, who'd be taking care of the rottie mom, would have had a lot of trouble so long story short I took her in.. (she's a foster)

I came up with Hoover because she inhales food as a vaccum, brand Hoover.. lol
    a few peeps have been interested but haven't heard back of any.. she's been here for 2 weeks.. in the last 4-5 days I started teaching her to sit and down and she does pretty good at it (considering she was a jump freak.. and now she sits obediently.. yay)

she was afraid of everything.. and now she's not

China want's to say woooo.. you brought a new squeeky.. she has Hoover all chewed over

------------------------
    continued........
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I told you it was long.. hehe.. then we have nameless.. still figuring out a name.. but have some good options now..
    as some may know I always wanted a Borzoi (obviously after huskies n poms).. but my only options were to import one as there were no breeders here back then (now there are like 2).. sooo.. a couple years back on one of the many trips my hubby did it came across a trip to Russia and I told him "bring me a Borzoi".. lol.. well the trip was only talked, never made.. but he did knew someone who could sent me one.. and listed me, without me knowing, on a waiting list for one.. .. two weeks ago I got an email saying "where do we send the dog to?".. and I was like what??.. what dog?.. and they told me everything.. the hubs told them that whenever the dog was available they should contact me to know where to send it as we were in between moves and he rarely checked his email so they better contact me..

I thought it was odd.. until they sent me the shipping slip and I confirmed with the airline and yes, the dog was on it's way to me!!

I picked her up on Feb 21st, 2012

they are both almost same age (rottie is like a week older).. what one lacks in height has in width

it was a bit shocking.. but sweet..

I must say.. I'm very happy.. but this lil punk is a chewer.. haha.. yeah I know puppies chew everything.. but Hoover hadn't made any "disasters".. and since "she" arrived.. well.. he has teared up two boxes of clothes.. that had been out for months untouched.. totally ripped apart 3 pairs of shoes.. took heels and straps off..

she is a rather calm dog.. but I think she has chewing attacks.. lol.. and the mandatory 3 day serenades.. haha.. all day sleeping and all night howling.. haha.. Hoover didn't.. she just went to the doghouse and went to sleep..

they are such dorks.. I threw a couple tennis balls.. and this is what they did

they just sat there.. then gave me this look

oh but the ball hogger got them all and destoyed them ASAP

pretty pup

------------------------

it's not over yet.. hahahahahaha....
    last week when I came from dogfood shopping.. as I was opening the car door.. I saw a little nose..
    there was a little Chihuahua there.. my neighbor was out and I thought it was hers.. she said.. no, he just walked by here... then went to you.. he knew where to go.. lol..
    he wasn't dirty nor skinny.. so he HAD to have got out not long ago.. but he had no collar, no tag..
    my neighbor asked if i would get him inside.. yes I replied.. if I don't he might go further away or get run over.. the owner will show up soon..

yeah... no signs of him being missing.. or at least being looked for.. no posters, no newspaper ad, no nothing.. I posted that I had found a dog.. not giving much of his caracteristics because having no ID and the personality of "take me I love you whoever you are".. would make it difficult to find the REAL owners.. no one has claimed him.. (a few did contacted me.. but their dogs were diff colors than him)

I did found out.. he wasn't used to wearing a collar.. it was as when a puppy first gets his.. he kept trying to shake it off.. he didn't knew how to walk on leash.. that made me realize he indeed was an inside dog and probably never been out.. or at least not out leashed..

and he does NOT like other doggies... I was going to put him with Roger.. but that'd be a disaster.. so he's being kenneled and taken out often (even though he's on a big dog kennel and he's pretty small..hehe)

I'll give it a few more time to see if owners step forward.. if not, he'll be up for adoption.. I can't keep a dog who's anti-dog.. and it's not nice having him kenneled all the time.. he deserves a home all for himself.. he's very very sweet towards people n kids

-------------

and yes, that's the end... phew.. incredible how the pack grew.. haha.. yes.. I do have SUCKER carved on my forehead.. and I don't mind one bit..
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

Such cute pups! Do you still have the dalmatian with the hurt foot?

This is SO CUTE! What do we do now, Mom?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_Q View Post
    Such cute pups! Do you still have the dalmatian with the hurt foot?
    yup.. he's still here and by the looks of it he might be staying too.. haha..

and cassiesmom: yes.. they were totally clueless as to what to do.. they just sat there staring back at me while China destroyed the balls..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Husky_mom; 03-01-2012 at 12:58 PM. Reason: I added a pic of Astro's paws.. PB is being a pain and won't upload

notes-to-my-husband blog

That is quite a story! Amazing the Borzoi people contacted you after all this time! What a varies pack you have right now, goodness! Good luck finding forever homes for the fosters, too!
    I've Been Frosted

Sorry for some reason I didn't see the first few pics I guess when I looked at this thread. All of the dogs are so gorgeous!

Ohohohoho, Isabel, I am laughing so hard I'm crying, you and the foundlings, they just KNOW to come your way, ha ha haaaa.

So you have China, and Roger. And Astro and the Rottie mom and Rottie baby. Plus your Borzoi and a dog aggressive Chi! GOODNESS, you are going to need a kennel license, lol.

That is amazing about your husband and the Borzoi, imagine, after all this time! How easily those folks could have just kept whatever monies he paid them and forget anything else.

Please give every one of them some cuddles from me!

Looking again at Astro's pictures, I can't wait until Captain sees him! That last one in particular reminds me of her RB boy, not in markings or anything but the expression somehow!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Ohohohoho, Isabel, I am laughing so hard I'm crying, you and the foundlings, they just KNOW to come your way, ha ha haaaa.

So you have China, and Roger. And Astro and the Rottie mom and Rottie baby. Plus your Borzoi and a dog aggressive Chi! GOODNESS, you are going to need a kennel license, lol.

That is amazing about your husband and the Borzoi, imagine, after all this time! How easily those folks could have just kept whatever monies he paid them and forget anything else.

Please give every one of them some cuddles from me!
    I knew you'd get the kicks out of this... hehe.. btw i don´t have the Rottie mom.. just the baby.. so it's China and Roger, then Astro, Hoover (rottie baby), Borzoi and the lil Chi..

thankfully we don't need kennel licences here... well.. in some ways some people should.. but.. glad not me...

the Chi is not THAT aggresive.. but he does snarls, bares teeth and all.. but calms down when I shhsh him.. but he'd be better being a solo dog that's for sure

oh yes Karen, I was hoping Captain and MonicanHonda to see him..

notes-to-my-husband blog

OMGoodness!!!! Isn't Astro lovely!!! Welle they ALL are - but soft spot for Dalmatians as you know :-)
    Thanks to Karen for alerting me ...

Isobel - how wonderful you took them all in! Astro certainly does have that 'Captain" look about him in that photo :-)

Will keep track of all the anttics now - and any Dally questions you have I am happy to answer.

Thanks for saving him
    Michelle
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

thank you ..

he totally fit in just right.. he barely makes a sound.. but when China starts the howlapalooza he has this hi-pitched bark/sound.. haha.. but he has a more deep bark for strangers.. but he's a very very quiet boy..and super sweet and well mannered.. he has rode in the car with the skin kids and he wasn't all over the place.. he loooooves kids.. and the kids love him back..

the other day.. I was prepping some satin balls for him (he still needs to put on a bit of weight but he doesn't eats much).. anyway.. I told him to wait in a firm voice and my kid said "why are you mean to him.. don't you see he's injured?" .. lol...

China is def a bad influence.. lol.. now I have a rottie that howls.. hahaha

notes-to-my-husband blog

That is an amazing gift from your husband. It truly shows the depth of his love for you, and how much his love lives on in so many ways.

You really made me laugh at the stream of pups, but the Borzoi made me cry.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

You've been busy Isabel!!! It looks like you're opening a shelter or a rescue! How sweet about the puppy from your husband. Send me that Rottie puppy, she's so cute!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

You've been holding out on us some . And I think you should have thrown some Roger pictures in here too, because you know Lily and I need to see him .

But anyway, your little zoo is beautiful . I still love that your husband did that for you. And think it's one of the sweetest things ever. And I think Astro isn't going anywhere .
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography