Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much does your vet charge for a physical exam?

Windsor Animal Clinic charges me about $85. $40 for the office visit and the rest for the exam. Pretty reasonable, I think. He also gives me a 10% senior discount (LOOOOVE being old!!)

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

You know, I stopped paying attention, because it was depressing. I figured I wasn't negotiating my way out of it, so I just pay it and go on. I did show a bill to a friend because her vet charged more, but he tested her cat each year for FLEV even though she ws vaccinated each year. I think the office visit is about $40.00.

It cost me $129 each for Emily's and Bob's initial vetting. It was about the same for Bertie/Bella. It was around $350 for Jane because she had to be spayed.

I got pampered by two women vets several years back whose main interest was caring for the animal and not cleaning out my purse. Best vets in this area. I'm looking for a new one.

Greenville is an expensive area.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Found Cat Hotel Bumpie
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I go to two different vets depending on which one I can get into. One is more expensive (but still less than a lot of vets - though they keep going up every year they are almost as much as the others now). They charge about $35-$40 for an exam (per pet) there's no separate office visit fee though. If it's an exam for vaccinations or like a recheck it's usually $20 something. If I just get a rabies shot they don't charge an exam fee but if it's all the shots they do. The other vet is an old fashioned guy he is way cheaper than any other vet and he seems to know his stuff I would go to him more but he's only open on weekdays till 3 sometimes only 1 or 2 and I work till at least 4 so it's hard to get into him. The other vet is open until 6 and on saturdays and they have I think 3 different vets so if it's something I need to go to that day I go there. I'm not sure exactly how much an exam is at his place I think around $30, the last time I went there he did an exam, skin scraping, and gave me two different medications for around $50. I had him remove a lump from Nebo a year or so ago and he charged me $40 every other vet quoted me $300+ to remove one small lump.

For a check up where they are weighed, their teeth are examined, and their general state of health is evaluated, I pay $52. Shots, blood work, dental work are all extra. I can get a full blood panel done for about $180. They will take payments if the bill is large, so that helps. If vets keep this up, people are only going to go to them for emergencies and that is sad.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

the expensive vet.. regular consult with or without shots is around 30-35.. urgent ones range around 50 but even those are not 24/7

the other vet I'm started to go to charges around 15 .. yes, 15 (fifteen).. right now I payed no more than 20 and got home with meds included.. pretty awesome..

on cats he charges me around 8-10...
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365