Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have a dilemna

If I ever found out that my child(regardless of age) was doing something that could potentially harm him, and learned my FRIENDS knew about it and said nothing, THAT would ruin the friendship for me.

Far better to risk ruining a friendship than knowing you might have made a difference in a person's life.

To me, there simply isn't any other option but to go to this woman and tell her what you know. Not what your daughter knows..but what YOU know. You need to make sure your daughter isn't overstating the facts.

I totally agree with Cataholic---you should get in touch with your friend, face to face would be best. Please don't wait and think about this - we had an almost identical case here a couple of years ago,the mom had been friends with my daughter in high school but they eventually went their own way. What a shock when we heard on the news that this mother's daughter had been found dead in a motel , so far the murder has gone unsolved although there was lots of clues and evidence, just not enough to find anyone guilty - the case is cold but still open. The mother has not had a day of peace since she lost her daughter who was only 19. I don't think she will ever find closure until the guilty party is brought to justice.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    If I ever found out that my child(regardless of age) was doing something that could potentially harm him, and learned my FRIENDS knew about it and said nothing, THAT would ruin the friendship for me.

Far better to risk ruining a friendship than knowing you might have made a difference in a person's life.

To me, there simply isn't any other option but to go to this woman and tell her what you know. Not what your daughter knows..but what YOU know. You need to make sure your daughter isn't overstating the facts.
    Unfortunately I saw her ad with my own eyes with her pics and even reviews, been going on a few years from her reviews....
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    Unfortunately I saw her ad with my own eyes with her pics and even reviews, been going on a few years from her reviews....
    You need to schedule a sit-down with her mother. If you know, she may know, but not know how to bring it up. And if she doesn't know, she needs to, as her daughter's actions are impacting her quality of life, health, well-being and her whole future.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    You need to schedule a sit-down with her mother. If you know, she may know, but not know how to bring it up. And if she doesn't know, she needs to, as her daughter's actions are impacting her quality of life, health, well-being and her whole future.
    The only problem is really my daughter found out my snooping because she suspected from things on her fb (under the assumed name) she had shown me things too and I figured she was doing exotic dancing or something
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

You don't need to tell your friend how you discovered all this information, it's out there for the world to see.
    I've Been Frosted

If this has been going on for a few years, don't you think the mother has some idea that SOMETHING is going on? I ask this simply because I think if it's been going on that long she suspects something. Do they have a strained relationship or is the mother and daughter very close? Maybe she is in denial and doing it face-to-face has got to be hard, but maybe if you show her you know it'll make her wake up and realize the reality of the situation...

I hope everything works out whatever you do. You're a great mom, don't forget that