........Why fear death?

---------------------

Racing season is almost here and the local supermarkets are promoting that fact.

At the local Kroger, they have put up life sized, cardboard pictures of Jeff Gordon and Little E in the aisles, hawking their sponsors and the products.

---------------

I was at the store on Friday and happened to pass by the DE cut-out. I doubled back, got the attention of my roomie then took a run at him. I knocked him over, laughed about it, then picked him up and went on my way.....

-----------------

We went home, had dinner and about 11:10 thought about going to sleep. I looked at my roomie and told her that I was ready to go to sleep.

A few minutes later, I hear a thunk, another thunk and just as I think, "Oh, someone had an accident at the intersection........

BOOM.

The wall/window I am sitting next to explodes.

A millisecond later, I am almost in the dining room and my room mate is yelling "WHAT THE EFF HAPPENED?"

I said to her "I don't know." Then two seconds later I see the front hood of a car and know exactly what happened.

There is smoke, plaster, dust and all kinds of stuff flying around.

I am trying to get my wits about me and I then see the cat run into the kitchen, I hear my roomie get to the phone and hear the engine of the car running.

(Warning, I was stunned, ticked off and and more adrenaline pumping thru my body, every other word out of my mouth was F or some variation of the term.....I think that I will find some F-Bombs still scattered about the mess. So when you see the letter "F" you know what I mean?)

I am standing by this point and I think this guy is trying to back the car out of the house, So I grab a 2x4 and slam it on the hood and yelling at the guy to turn the F'n car OFF......

Nothing.

I yell a few more times and fearing a fire or some other crazy end to my life I make it over some junk, open the driver door and reach in to turn the car off. The driver is either wasted, dead or had some kind of seizure.

I was too stunned and too pi$$ed off to help the guy out of the car, so I made it outside to the front lawn where some neighbors have come out to see what had happened.

--------------------------

The right side of my body hurts like heck, my thigh feels bruised and I have soom other incidental bumps.

I feel really stupid because I bailed out of the house while my roomie was on the phone w/911. But I knew she was OK because she made it to the back of the house and into the kitchen where the phone was located.

Still cursing like a sailor I sat down on the lawn while people asked me "WHAT HAPPENED?"

------------------------------

I love the fact that people, while being well meaning, can as a question that has an obvious answer.

Answer?

Some idiot just ran his car into the front of house.

--------------------------------------------------

The car is a white Chevrolet Lumina, that managed to punch thru the house and the only thing visible from the street is the rear end of the vehicle, the back tires resting on the foundation of the building.....

I have to take a break now, my whole body hurts, I need aspirin and I want to keep you all in suspense for a while...

I am going to try and post some pics of the incident, give me a minute?