Thread: Westminster Dog Show!

Hybrid View

Bumping up this old thread - only three weeks till the 2013 Westminster show! I wonder if there are any new dog breeds this year. My mom and I always watch it and talk about the biggest, smallest, fluffiest, sleekest, that sort of thing. My favorite part is the announcer who tells you a little about each dog as you are looking at the judging. This breed hunts or herds, or is a lap dog, does police work, is good with children, likes water, runs fast, that sort of thing. I always learn something! But I leave the room when they are doing helper dog stories because those make me cry. I love to watch the dog show every winter
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Bumping up this old thread - only three weeks till the 2013 Westminster show! I wonder if there are any new dog breeds this year. My mom and I always watch it and talk about the biggest, smallest, fluffiest, sleekest, that sort of thing. My favorite part is the announcer who tells you a little about each dog as you are looking at the judging. This breed hunts or herds, or is a lap dog, does police work, is good with children, likes water, runs fast, that sort of thing. I always learn something! But I leave the room when they are doing helper dog stories because those make me cry. I love to watch the dog show every winter
    Here you go - 2 new ones this year - http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org...ed_100512.html

And a friend of mine got a rescue dog a few months ago who is at least part Treeing Walker Coonhound - so they will be watching with great interest!
    I've Been Frosted

I dont have cable now so I dont get to watch it unless parts of it are shown on regular antenna tv. At one time I had a dish and I watched it. I always wanted a dog like mine to win LOL and I was most interested in that category. That would be the toy breed or a Lab because Annie is part Lab we think. I liked to watch all the dogs strut their stuff. Many times it looked as if they were floating because their fur/hair practically covered their feet. Nice show!.

Westminster 2013 is here!

And I am smiling because I know which breed took the Non-Sporting group, but I won't say because I don't want to give it away. But it is a breed that's represented on Pet Talk Non-Sporting group winner for BIS!!!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

So far we've got the results in for 4 groups. Out of them my vote is for that nice foxhound. Sorry to say but that non-sporting winner is just not gonna get my vote because cute and fluffy takes the show too many times. Overall I was thinking this could be the year for the skye terrier, but that group is last.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Too bad Sandie's t.v. is out because of the blizzard. She would have been ecstatic to see the winner of the non-sporting group!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~