Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nikkita to vet tomorrow...worried..

Nikkita to vet tomorrow...worried..

Since my Ellie left Nikki just has not been the same kitty, i thought at first she was grieving and i believe that is what was happening, but now she is off her food, she continually licks her lips(vet said that is usually a sign of feeling nauseous) and she is staying away from us ,not the usual happy girl, playful , and i just have this awful feeling something is not right with my baby girl.

Yesterday she went to eat her food and vomited up in the bowl , was just clear like Fluid, only a small amount, and then she went to do it again, and she sounded awful like she was trying to catch her breath, it really gave me such a scare, i thought she was choking, but she came right after that.

I am worried sick to be honest, i dont' want her to have anything bad wrong with her, i am not even over loosing my Ellie yet, i don't think i could take it if there was something awfully wrong with my Nikki.

Please some prayers and positive thoughts would be so appreciated, to tell the truth i am scared .
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Prayers for dear Nikkita that she's not seriously ill, just a little something that the vet can help her get over quickly. Give her some extra snuggles in the meantime, and let her know that you miss Ellie, too. Animals grieve in their own way, but they can help us with our grief as well.
    I've Been Frosted

Poor little Nikkita - she sounds so stressed! I hope the vet can help her with some temporary calming stuff, if that is what the problem is. I hope that is all it is, and is very treatable!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Prayers for Nikki and her meowmy!

And a candle
    http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=15336221
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh, Carole, you and Nikkita have already been through so much lately...

Prayers and good wishes and healing energies are being sent your way, that the vet will help Nikkita will get over this soon. God bless you.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Prayers for Nikkita and for you too Carole.

Sending prayers and positive thoughts to you and Nikkita.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Thank you all and for the lovely candle too, so nice of you, yes i really dont' want anymore bad things to happen to my beautiful cats, Nikki is so special, they all are, she seemed a bit better today and was playful tonight, so fingers crossed it is nothing too major, oh my heart is a beating just thinking of it, feeling very nervous.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Gosh! Poor little Nikkita! Get well soon! Lots of prayers and hugs for little Nikkita! Hope everything goes great!

Sending prayers for you both. Soothing purrs from Cali and Diego.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Saying my prayers the white coats can make sweet Nikki feel better.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Oh Carole, I'm so sorry about Nikkita. She probably IS still grieving. I hope there's nothing medically wrong. Thoughts and prayers coming from across the water, girl!!

xoxoxoxo

Donna

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I'm thinking good thoughts for Nikkita. I hope it's nothing serious. A couple of months ago, Ming had very similar symptoms. One Saturday morning he wouldn't eat and he was shaking and vomited up the dreaded "white stuff". He had diarrhea, too. I had to go to work, so I coudn't get to the vet. They couldn't find a substitute on short notice, but they did allow me to only work half a day. I came home 5 hours later and Ming was fine. I don't know what it was, but it passed as quickly as it came. I hope Nikkita has the same experience. Sending prayers up for you guys.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

thanks everyone, yes i am very very apprehensive about the visit, i honestly don't think it is just grieving for ellie, although things did happen around that time , it is probably just a coincidence, i hope for once i am WRONG,i took her once before because she was a bit unwell ,and the vet found nothing,gave me peace of mind, but i still just have a gut feeling,it always happens when you least need it, got so much expense this week, have my own health issues to sort out, so off to the doc on friday, stress can do some pretty bad things to people and animals, i know from experience,so hoping that is all it is, still got to deal with that as well don't we? just feeling so nervous about the visit,she certainly does not seem to unwell today, but i just feel something is still not right, she has become quite distant to us,and not her usual loving self, mind you that can be grief too.

For me the most obvious sign things are not right, is her lack of appetite, i have managed to get her through her daily ration, but only because i have taken it to her and coaxed her to eat it, and that is not like her,normally she gobbles her food down no problem and is eager, well that is not happening.

Will let you all know how i get on, and thanks again for your support, means the world to me, i am feeling so stressed myself right now it is comforting to know others understand and care.
    Furangels only lent.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Carole ~ What did the vet have to say?
    Is Nikki feeling better?
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.