Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How do I upload a new picture attachment now?? - SUCCESS! see #17

It is best to embed it - just use the [img] tags like you used to do!
    I've Been Frosted

And how do I do that now, because I don't remember it at all.
    Thanks..
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Get the URL for the picture you want to post in the thread, or wherever - it should start with "http: " and end with ".jpg" - then type [img ] (without the space, paste the URL in, and type [/img ] without the space.

So for example, without the spaces, this:
    [i mg]http://Catoft heDay.com/arc hive/2012/August/09b.jpg[/i mg]

Would look like this:
    I've Been Frosted

What if it is a picture on my own computer? Do I upload it, and if so how? I remember I used to do it all the time with the old PT software, but it doesn't work the same way now.

When I use the Attach tag, sometimes it comes out full size, but more often than not it comes out as a very small image that you have to click on to see full size, and (on my computer anyway) it takes a little time for the image to come up full size.

Thanks, Karen.

Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Pat, I am running into the same thing! I think I will have to load my photos into Photobucket and do it the old-fashioned way. I have a number of pictures to post and uploading them one at a time is a drag! At least in PB they will have the .img extension!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

If you upload them into your album here, once it is there, part of the album, if you click the picture to see that page in your album, it will show you option beneath the picture where you can just copy and use the [img] tags like normal. Does that help?
    I've Been Frosted

Once you have uploaded your picture to your album here, remember to SAVE. I forgot to do that to begin with, and of course it didn't work.

Concerning size... do you have something like Photo Editor on your computer? If so, you can do it there.

Karen, my problem is that I can't show a video clip here, neither from my alum here, or Photobucket.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Great info Karen!! Now I understand why my last picture I uploaded was so huge.....

I will try again now with a picture of Inka
    Crossing my fingers ........

Name:  10336677_10202063448695243_5808345282933612348_n.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  71.1 KB

YES!!!!!!!!! Thank Karen!!

Hello, beautiful Inka in the garden!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh, Inka, what a great photo of you! It shows off your beauty PURRRFECTLY!!!!!

Death thought about it.

Inka, you're very pretty -- lovely photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    If you upload them into your album here, once it is there, part of the album, if you click the picture to see that page in your album, it will show you option beneath the picture where you can just copy and use the [img] tags like normal. Does that help?
    Well, I still don't know how to upload pictures so they stay full-size rather than turn into those little teeny things that you have to click to see full-size. Now that I've been reminded, here's the question:

How do I upload any to the album? And is there a limit to how many pictures, what sizes, can be in the album? In other words, do I have to keep deleting pictures in the album in order to make room for any new ones?

Usually if I want to post a picture in a message, it's just a one-time thing, hardly worth all the trouble of uploading it to the album, figuring out the URL, and including it in a post just that once... and then it's just there taking up space. Is there a speedy, efficient way to get pictures to stay full-size?

I see lots of people's posts with lots of different photos day after day, and it makes me think there must be a good way to do it that I just haven't found out about.

Thanks!
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Well, I still don't know how to upload pictures so they stay full-size rather than turn into those little teeny things that you have to click to see full-size. Now that I've been reminded, here's the question:

How do I upload any to the album? And is there a limit to how many pictures, what sizes, can be in the album? In other words, do I have to keep deleting pictures in the album in order to make room for any new ones?

Usually if I want to post a picture in a message, it's just a one-time thing, hardly worth all the trouble of uploading it to the album, figuring out the URL, and including it in a post just that once... and then it's just there taking up space. Is there a speedy, efficient way to get pictures to stay full-size?

I see lots of people's posts with lots of different photos day after day, and it makes me think there must be a good way to do it that I just haven't found out about.

Thanks!
    When you have a photo you want to add to an album, go to your profile, and open you existing album.

In the top bar, hit "Upload Pictures" which then opens a window.

In that window, you will see "1. Click Add Files to upload new files or select from existing files below" on the left and "Add Files" on the right. His "Add Files."

It brings up a dialog box and you hit "Choose File" and select the file you want. The box closes once you select it, and next to the "choose File" button it will have the file name, and below that a button to Upload." Hit that.

That image will appear in a window below the rest of the pictures, and be selected. Hit "Done."

Now go back to your album, and click "Upload pictures" Drag that new picture into the lower window and hit done.

You'll see "Pending Pictures." with that pictures in a row by itself, with a box for its title pn the left and the name of the album it is going into below it, and an option to "Make this my album cover" which you can ignore Hit "Save Changes"

Now you will be back in your album, where you can click on that image or any of the others, and see options for the picture URL, or the BB code. Copy either, paste it into your thread and you get the actual size image, not the thumbnail, like with attachments. Does that help?

I've Been Frosted

Okay, I found my albums and found the Birthday-Cupcake picture, which I put into George's Birthday thread. I think I at least know where to start from now. And I know where to find these instructions again.

Thank you, Karen!

Death thought about it.