Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How do I upload a new picture attachment now?? - SUCCESS! see #17

I can't upload pictures to an existing album on PT. When I open an existing album and hit Upload pictures, I get the Manage attachment window with different pictures I uploaded. Then, if I upload a picture from there, it shows up in the Home field and also in Attachment field, but along with some entirely different pictures that aren't in the album I want to upload to. And how do I get to the code for each picture (the one you copy). I can't see any options for that and I can't see how to delete any of them either.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Karen, I get "Insert Image" with the little picture icon. Then I go to "From Computer" and "Browse" to the file path, then "Upload File(s)." The little rabbit Pet Talk icon at the left side of the browser window tab starts spinning, like it is doing some work. After a little time (actually a fair amount of time), it stops spinning and the rabbit is back and the little "Insert Image" window is gone, leaving the editing screen just as it was before I started the Insert Image process. Once again, no message comes up from the process and the image has NOT been inserted.

How do I do a screen capture? Not that there is anything to capture here.
    SUCCESS AT LAST! Original image was too big.. I reduced its size to about 600x400, and this time I was able to insert the picture with no trouble. Now you can see what little Sheila looks like! (she's adorable) - http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...27#post2404627
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

SUCCESS AT LAST!
    Yay, congratulations!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    I can't upload pictures to an existing album on PT. When I open an existing album and hit Upload pictures, I get the Manage attachment window with different pictures I uploaded. Then, if I upload a picture from there, it shows up in the Home field and also in Attachment field, but along with some entirely different pictures that aren't in the album I want to upload to. And how do I get to the code for each picture (the one you copy). I can't see any options for that and I can't see how to delete any of them either.

Okay, it is different now, and a little confusing. To add photos to an album,

1. Select the album, and open it.

2. Hit the link for "Upload pictures"

3. Once you do that you will see a window with all the pictures you ever attached, not just the ones in this album. I, for example, have 5 pages of pictures to scroll through.

4. To add a new picture, hit the button on the top right that says "Add Files" choose the file on your computer and hit "Upload"

(Randi, I am guessing this is the point where you got to, and then got confused and stopped.)

5. It puts this picture in a lower window labeled "Attachments"

6. This photo is already checked, you can change your mind at this point and uncheck it, but if you want to continue, leave it checked.

7. If you want to add anything else of the pictures you see above to the album, drag them down into this area. Then hit "Done."

But you are not yet actually done.

This brings up a window that says "Pending Pictures" and you have to his "Save Changes" to move that picture (or pictures) into the album.

Now, to use it in a thread: Click once on a picture in the album, it will bring you to the larger version of the picture, and underneath the picture there will be the two boxes you are used to, one with the "picture URL" for pasting on another website, and one with "BB Code" for pasting into a thread here. Copy, paste into your thread, and away you go!

I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    I can't see any options for that and I can't see how to delete any of them either.
    All the pictures you see in that window - or on the pages and pages if you scroll through them - are photos and things you have attached to specific threads in the past, they are not part of your album until you put them in it. If you click on the thumbnail, and then on the little question mark that appears above it, it will tell you what thread or threads it is part of. And the good thing is, if you upload a photo but don't use it within an hour, it will be automatically deleted (unless you put it in your album, that counts as 'usage").

Does that help?
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks Karen, I'll get back about it tomorrow, it's late and I'm off to bed. I never saw the "Pending Pictures" or "Save Changes". I did wonder about the question marks in the little squares on each picture box, though and thought something was wrong.

Will hopefully sort it out tomorrow.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Yay, congratulations!
    Is that all that really needs to be done, just reduce ithem in size? And what is the ideal size? How big is too big?

Thanks, Karen!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Okay, it is different now, and a little confusing. To add photos to an album,

1. Select the album, and open it.

2. Hit the link for "Upload pictures"

3. Once you do that you will see a window with all the pictures you ever attached, not just the ones in this album. I, for example, have 5 pages of pictures to scroll through.

4. To add a new picture, hit the button on the top right that says "Add Files" choose the file on your computer and hit "Upload"

(Randi, I am guessing this is the point where you got to, and then got confused and stopped.)

5. It puts this picture in a lower window labeled "Attachments"

6. This photo is already checked, you can change your mind at this point and uncheck it, but if you want to continue, leave it checked.

7. If you want to add anything else of the pictures you see above to the album, drag them down into this area. Then hit "Done."

But you are not yet actually done.

This brings up a window that says "Pending Pictures" and you have to his "Save Changes" to move that picture (or pictures) into the album.

Now, to use it in a thread: Click once on a picture in the album, it will bring you to the larger version of the picture, and underneath the picture there will be the two boxes you are used to, one with the "picture URL" for pasting on another website, and one with "BB Code" for pasting into a thread here. Copy, paste into your thread, and away you go!

Karen, are these instructions somewhere that will be easy to find when I will want to add things to albums? I'll never remember all this now when I'm not trying to do it.

Thanks,
    Pat
    Death thought about it.

Karen, are these instructions somewhere that will be easy to find when I will want to add things to albums? I'll never remember all this now when I'm not trying to do it.

Thanks,
    Pat
    I just typed them up for this thread, but we can Sticky this thread so it'll be easy to find!
    I've Been Frosted

Thank you, Karen.

And thanks to you and Paul for all your hard work on this!

Pat (and cats)
    Death thought about it.

Karen, I figured out why it didn't work... I had forgotten to click "Save Changes". Thanks again!

Pat, has Sheila found a place to be, yet? She is such a sweetheart!

I don't know, Randi.. I get these notices from a woman who has a mailing list of people who want to help find homes for cats who need them. She lives in New Jersey, so that's where most of the cats she posts about are. Since I am nowhere near New Jersey, I pass them on to anyone I can think of (including Pet Talk, of course) who might possibly be able to help or might know of others to pass the messages on to.

Now and then others post to the mailing list about things they've done or found out to help the cat, and from time to time I've heard from Pet Talkers about being able to help some of these cats!

But I haven't heard anything further about Sheila. I certainly do hope she has found a good, safe place to live, as she is such a sweetheart indeed.

I think I will e-mail [email protected], the person who first posted the message about and picture of Sheila, and ask her if she found someone. I'll let you all know what I find out.

Pat
    Death thought about it.

Randi, I got a reply from selkiechik this morning, and here's what she had to say:

------>
    She is now with a rescuer down in Philly who is working with her to make her into a proper housecat. In short, she's safe and warm.

------------

WONDERFUL NEWS THERE!!!
    Death thought about it.

Karen, how do you put a picture in a post so it is regular size rather than one of those little tiny images you have to click to see regular size?

Thanks,
    Pat
    Death thought about it.