Thread: Great Children's book

Great Children's book

I just posted a new review on my blog, for a new children's book called Sammy in the Sky. I got to interview the author this week on the radio show, so that was fun. I'm putting this in general even though the "Sammy" in the title is a dog, it would be a good book for any child (or adult, really) dealing with the loss of a loved family member, dog, cat, horse, or even human.
    I've Been Frosted

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I will have to find that! I may give it to my sister-in-law, as she and my brother just lost their elderly cocker spaniel, Pudge.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

It's such a sweet book - you can click the link on my blog to get to Amazon.com if you want to order it from there, and give it a read before you get it for her, you might want to keep it for yourself! The author said she gets people of all ages telling her at signings how much they love the book, so though it's supposed for ages, I think 4-10, she says 1-90 is more like it!
    I've Been Frosted

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I'll probably end up getting a few copies if it tugs at my heart strings.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer