Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diego - Bladder Stone - Surgery Jan 27

Diego - Bladder Stone - Surgery Jan 27

Took Diego to the vet last night for a check up, shots and possible UTI. We were there for 2 hours, he had to be sedated, had urine/blood drawn and x-rays. He has a large stone in his bladder. No crystals associated with it so that's good. Due to the nature of it they need to remove it so this will happen tomorrow, Jan 27. They will send the stone out for testing to determine exactly what it is and how to move forward with food, meds, etc. I feel so badly for him, it has to be very uncomfortable. Would appreciate all the good thoughts we can get for my boy tomorrow.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Poor little Diego. He must be so uncomfortable. Sending out prayers and good vibes that his surgery goes well, and you can get him on a diet that will prevent this same issue in the future.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Poor little Diego. He must be so uncomfortable. Sending out prayers and good vibes that his surgery goes well, and you can get him on a diet that will prevent this same issue in the future.

Same here, same here
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Prayers and healing energies for Diego that all goes well with removing the stone and then finding out what it is and how best to treat the condition.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Healing prayers for sweet Diego!

I wonder...if it was growing slowly over time, I wonder if that was part of his emotional trouble? Certainly the fire and noise did its thing, no question. Might be an idea to ask the vet if s/he has any idea how long it might have been developing.

Hope he feels better very soon!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Healing prayers for sweet Diego!

I wonder...if it was growing slowly over time, I wonder if that was part of his emotional trouble? Certainly the fire and noise did its thing, no question. Might be an idea to ask the vet if s/he has any idea how long it might have been developing.

Hope he feels better very soon!
    The vet techs were actually talking about this very thing last night while we were there. One even went so far as to say he'd be a different cat when I took him home Friday after the surgery. Guess we'll find out this weekend.
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Poor Boy! Sorry he has to have operation but I'm sure he will feel much better when stone is out. (I did--gallstones) You and Diego are in my thoughts and prayers.
    I'll be checking back.

Hopefully everything will go smoothly, and he will be a happier boy in general. Prayers being said!
    I've Been Frosted

My Dakky is prone to crystals/stones. The vet we went to this last time said stress DOES make the condition worse, and water, water, water was first on the list. Second was to eliminate all stressors in the house. I bought a fountain for them, add water to his food in the am, and stopped bringing animals into the house. Fingers crossed.

I hope Diego's surgery goes well, and that he will feel like a new boy after all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    My Dakky is prone to crystals/stones. The vet we went to this last time said stress DOES make the condition worse, and water, water, water was first on the list. Second was to eliminate all stressors in the house. I bought a fountain for them, add water to his food in the am, and stopped bringing animals into the house. Fingers crossed.

I hope Diego's surgery goes well, and that he will feel like a new boy after all this.
    Thank you. I was thinking about getting a fountain. Does Dakky use it more than a regular water bowl?

It's 6:10 am, in an hour we will be heading over to the vet. Diego is sitting beside me on the couch. He's not sure what's up but doesn't understand why he can't have breakfast. I sure hope my boy is feeling much better when I bring him home tonight. Thanks all for the good thoughts.

I just said a prayer for Diego, that all will go well.

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea

Prayers that all will go smoothly! After Oscar's surgery last November I went to pick him up, anxious to how he was. The vet and techs cheerfully assured me that he was great - high as a kite from the painkillers. I tried to get his attention with him in the carrier and he was OUT THERE. I said, "Okay, Stoner Boy, let's go." After a couple of hours at home, he was more himself.

I am sure Diego will be feeling much better, if a little stratospheric.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope that his surgery will go well and that he'll recover quickly. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

Update - all went well

Diego is out of surgery and his recovery is being monitored. Everything went as planned and there were no issues. The stone will be sent for testing to find out exactly what it is and what action we need to take going forward so he doesn't get another one. I will pick up my boy at 6 pm so once we get home and settled I'll provide a further update.

Again, thank you all for the prayers and good thoughts. Once again they worked and kitty-boy is going to be ok.

Love you all!