Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diego - Bladder Stone - Surgery Jan 27

Wonderful news! Thank you.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Great news! How is Diego doing tonight? Is Cali hissing cause he smells funny?

Gentle hugs and cuddles to him.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

That's two PT households (yours and mine) who are breathing easier tonight. Good to hear that prayers were answered and all went well for Diego (and his mom!)

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea

I'm so glad your Diego's operation is over and he is doing good.

He's HOME!!!

He's home and none too happy!! He has to wear a cone on his head for the next 10 days.

He didn't want any water, but was clearly hungry so I gave him a little bit of his new food. If he keeps that down he'll get some more in about an hour.

The vet tech showed me his stone. Nasty looking thing, rather flat and round. The edges were very rough so no wonder he was a hurty boy. They will send this stone out to be analyzed.

Cali is keeping her distance from him as he's rather growly and running into everything with his new hat. She is a little hissy with him but has been warned if she doesn't quit it she'll be sporting a hat too. I have another cone for her head to ensure she doesn't try to clean him up or bother him. And as we all know, two hats are better than one!

I'm glad he's ok and home now. Although I don't expect to sleep well tonight as I'll be listening for him to ensure he's ok.

Thank you all for your care and concern for my boy!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

I'm glad he's home and okay, too! Kisses for Diego and Cali!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Glad he is home, even if Cali isn't! I understand that a cat's bladder is about the size of a golf ball? Poor Diego, the rough edges must really have hurt! He'll feel SO much better now.

How big was the stone, Gayle?

I hope he behaves with the cone and that Cali can remain cone-free. BEHAVE, babies!

I'm glad to hear that he's home and that everything went well. I hope that he'll continue to like his new food and will make a speedy recovery.

Since I'm home and can keep an eye on him Diego is currently napping, cone free, in a cat bed on the couch. He seems to be doing pretty good, but did not want to take the pain meds the vet provided. Cali is still a little hissy but not quite as bad. She's napping on the other end of the couch - so really, it's not that bad!! I bought them a fountain today. Diego is so far afraid of it and Cali loves it.

Candace the stone was I'd guess about a quarter of an inch across.
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

For Oscar's two situations I was given liquid Metacam. I was lucky in that I could squirt it in some wet food and he would eat it all. Do Pill Pockets work for Diego? I know they don't for Oscar! lol

If he is napping then he sounds comfy to me.

I got a water fountain too off Freecycle. Oscar uses it. Zoe has no clue what it is. Cole is curious but still clueless about it.

I hope Diego heals and feels better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poop View Post
    Thank you. I was thinking about getting a fountain. Does Dakky use it more than a regular water bowl?
    I am sorry, Gayle, I just now saw this! Dakky, and all my cats, seem to like the fountain a lot. I hate cleaning the dern thing, and think the manufacturer of it (and of many baby feeding 'devices) need to have a professional examination. But, they do seem to like it. I also have a very large dog bowl, filled to the brim(it probably takes 1.5 liters of water), and the cats seem to drink a lot out of there, too. Molly peeing in it every so often is a deterrant. LOL.

Did you know cats don't prefer their water right on top of their food? Something about the wild, instinct and all that. So, I have separated the water from the food, somewhat.

Finally, Dakky is so "fluffy" that he was unable to get at his stitches, cone or not. I took the cone off, as that was depressing the heck out of him. I am glad to hear you are able to keep the cone off of Diego, at least some of the time.

Gayle, how is Diego doing?

We had to go back to the vet Wednesday night as when I got home from work he was bleeding, not alot, but enough to be a concern. He was cleaned up and sent home. Today is the first day cone free. He seems to be leaving his tummy alone but I'm watching him for any indication of licking. He doesn't really care for the vets food, hopefully soon they can tell me what his stone was and what he needs to be eating.

Thanks for asking about my baby boy.