Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am amused

I am amused

by spammers all the time. I love getting ones for various nationality brides, (hello, I am female and married, no interest in any brides, thanks) singles over 50 (or 60, or 70), drugs to help body parts I don't have, etc. But lately I am getting a new one that seems like it might fool a lot of people!

"An Ex is searching for you ..."

Well, guess what? I'm one of those rare, fortunate humans who has no "ex" - no ex-husband, no ex-boyfriend ... Never dated anyone at all seriously before Paul, married him and that's that! There is no "ex" searching for me!

What spam titles make you grin as you hit "delete" - and isn't there a reason someone's usually an "ex" that means you wouldn't want to hear from them anyway?
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Now that's one I haven't gotten yet. I'm certain my ex wouldn't be looking for me - tho he really does know where I am anyway!

I get all the other "good" ones you mentioned tho. I have to laugh at the ones that ask if I want to be a better man in bed!!! HUH??? I never wanted to be a man - anywhere!!! Then there's the Russian (and other) brides offers, black singles, Jewish singles, Christian singles, over 50 singles, the ones that liked my profile on FaceBook, (even tho I don't do FB and don't have a profile anywhere other than here on PT) - all looking to hook up with me. Sheesh - I'm single because I want to be and like it that way. And that's why I'm an "ex".

My spam box is always a great source of amusement - and amazement too!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post

What spam titles make you grin as you hit "delete" - and isn't there a reason someone's usually an "ex" that means you wouldn't want to hear from them anyway?
    Right?!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Some of those really send me overboard. The ones from FaceBook where I always have 5-6 friends wanting to keep in touch...all I have to do is sign in...yeah okay - never been on FB and don't ever intend on being there. None of my friends are on there either . I keep wondering when I'll be receiving my inheritance from the long lost relative
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

The...ahem..."enhancement" of various appendages crack me up! The 'bots clearly don't discriminate due to gender...
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I get them too. The ones for the "enhancement" cracks me up... Sorry, but I like myself just as I am..

I haven't gotten the one about a ex looking for me, darn! I feel cheated!

Also the money scams.. Are people really that easily fooled?

Some days my spam box has 60 or more, other days around 20.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

The best part - I get hundreds of spam per day, my mail program filters 99% of them out - are the spam emails I get in other languages. Frankly I am not good at telling whether it is Mandarin or Cantonese, or maybe some is some other Asian character set, I am pretty sure I get some on Thai, but wouldn't swear to it, as well as Korean ... I do not speak any of these languages, and certainly cannot read them!
    I've Been Frosted

At times I'm amazed at how many "friends" are looking for me! Invariably they're folks I never heard of let alone ever met. Then there are the ones telling me I can dramatically increase my income by stuffing envelopes in the comfort of my home (yeah, right) and other such nonsense. If I actually collected all the money I've allegedly won, I would have my dream log cabin house in the Catskills, my Jaguar XJ-6, and not worry about getting up on time to go to work.

Karen, PT is the ONLY
    computer site I ever go to. Yours is the only one I trust. But most important, my experience with computers has been extremely negative right from the start. PT is the only good experience I've ever had. Thank you for that!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I get plenty of "Linked In" spam - requests from people I do not know, and it all says "please confirm you know X" or "Please confirm "x" is part of your "professional network!" Pretty funny, as my "company" includes me, and Paul, to whom I have been married for a very long time, and don't need "linked In" to connect with!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies View Post

Also the money scams.. Are people really that easily fooled?
    Apparently, they are. It blows my mind to read/hear about people scammed of money over the internet. There is naive and gullible,then there is just plain something else.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    The...ahem..."enhancement" of various appendages crack me up! The 'bots clearly don't discriminate due to gender...
    Who doesn't want toned arms.......
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

But, they obviously work, people are so gullible

How do you guys see all these spam emails anyway? Do you look in your junk box? I get a spam email maybe once every 2 months that actually arrives in my inbox.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Quote Originally Posted by dab_20 View Post
    But, they obviously work, people are so gullible

How do you guys see all these spam emails anyway? Do you look in your junk box? I get a spam email maybe once every 2 months that actually arrives in my inbox.
    My email addresses, especially those for PetoftheDay.com have been online since 197. So I am on every potential spammer's radar and always have been. Plus, because all pet nominations come with attachments, and from unknown people, I allow them in, so a few spam pieces hit my inbox each day, and besides that, I regularly check my spam mailbox to make sure no pet nominations end up there by accident!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    Lool! I get them too

I usually get spams like "I've recently moved into your neighborhood and thought to make friends with you" and I'm like....WHAT THE HECK? There isn't any space for a new house in my neighborhood.. And at times I get emails like "Save ??% and get ??" (the ?? mean anything...) and I get emails about widowers or widows in my neighborhood looking for somebody. And I get lots of other dirty emails...

slightly off-topic...

LinkedIn is a legitimate business social networking site, but it isn't perfect! To wit: about a week and a half ago, I got asked to connect from someone who sent me a very suggestive email in my linkedin mailbox. What made it suspicious aside from the content was that legit connections are sent to me through my work email.

Both LinkedIn and Facebook advise you only to connect to people you know in RL. I think highly-trusted online friends can be included, particularly if you've connected in other ways (gift swaps, Christmas cards, etc.)

Facebook will block people from trying to "friend" you if you declare you don't know them when you decline (at least as of a couple weeks ago!)

Best protections: change passwords often. (A rule I honor more often in the breach than the observance!)
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb