Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My new boy ... Alfie.

Oh Chris, he's so cute! Congratulations! Just so happy you've found someone else to share all that love that you have to give. Bobby would be so proud of you.

Maybe a little extra attention to Ebby will help the transition.

Robin

Thanks Robin.

Okay, so, no getting on the furniture ... but right now he's sneaked on there and is fast asleep.

Oh congratulations!!! I am so excited for you. Bobby would be proud of you. I hope you and Alfie have many happy years together. And give Ebby time... she can't stay mad forever, trust me!
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

Great news

What a cute fella. The underbite is normal, as far as I know. I find it adorable for dogs.

I compromised with the furniture thing with my dog. I make her stay on her bed, on the furniture. Of course, Prue the dog often has to deal with a cat already in her bed, but they work it out.

I am glad your new friend is nice and small. I wish you great fun and luck with your new Alfie. Keep those photos coming!

Enjoy your new one. I am sure Ebbs will come around eventually.

Thanks lolli and sas.

He was a good boy though the night, no crying, just a little whimper at being left behind the gate. He slept on the sofa, a pushover that's me.

He really needs a bath 'cos he stinks! Gill, who fostered him was apologetic about not bathing him before he came, but had just used some Avocet(?), (a combination flea/wormer), on him and didn't want to risk making in ineffective. As I told her, it's no biggie.

Ebby seems calmer today, less of the 'on pins glaring' taking place. I'll open the gate to see if she wants a wander but keeping Alfie on the lead.

Your Alfie is adorable and I see no problem with his underbite. He is lucky to have a home with you. It's so good that you were able to open your heart again to another doggy. Hopefully Ebby will like him sooner than later. Best Wishes! I want to see more photos in the future.

7. What's it all about....Alfie? It is all about your new forever home and your new best friend! Who knows...Ebby may come around and you will have TWO new best friends!

Chris, I could not be happier for you and Alfie!

Thank you kaycg and Sara.

I chose the name Alfie because his name at the rescue was Addi and it was just a bit too close to Ebby for me, I could see confusion reigning. He looks like an Alfie anyway don't you think?

The name Alfie... I like it. Funny, the first thing I thought of when I saw it, was Michael Caine.

Alfie seems like a sweet and easy boy, and he'll surely befriend Ebby one of these days.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Welcome home Alfie! You're a sweetie!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Congratulations on the new addition Chris! He is a little cutie.
    Has he lived with cats before? Hopefully Ebby will get used to having him around soon and will warm up to him.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

2013. That's when I will visit.

Alfie - I can hardly wait to meet you and your Mommy. Be a good boy now and give Ebby a wide berth for now. She will come around.

Love you all
    Slick and Merlin
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Alfie seems like a sweet and easy boy, and he'll surely befriend Ebby one of these days.
    Thanks, and I hope you are right!
    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    Welcome home Alfie! You're a sweetie!
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermontcat View Post
    Congratulations on the new addition Chris! He is a little cutie.
    Has he lived with cats before? Hopefully Ebby will get used to having him around soon and will warm up to him.
    Thanks! He is an ex breeding dog and presumably lived in kennels with other such dogs but the lady who fostered him breeds ragdolls and he was okay with them
    Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    2013. That's when I will visit.
    Alfie - I can hardly wait to meet you and your Mommy. Be a good boy now and give Ebby a wide berth for now. She will come around.
    Love you all
    Slick and Merlin
    Slick {{hugs}} xxx

A new photo of Alfie

Hoping.

Aww, what a sweet picture of Alfie, he looks so trusting and already seems to have settled in, and both he and Ebby can relax in the same room. I bet it won't be long wlll be before they both are snuggled up together on the sofa.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.