Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My new boy ... Alfie.

Awwww, great pictures. Looks very very good to see Ebby & Alfie relaxing so much & in the same room.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Alfie says: I want equal sofa time

Chris, how do you explain the very obvious difference in the sofa rules? It seems that Ebby is allowed on the sofa, but not Alfie. Just saying.....and of course, just kidding you.

Like I said in an earlier post, I allow Prue my dog, on the sofa but only if she stays in her bed. Same with my bed. She sleeps at the bottom of the bed, in her bed. Of course you need to follow whatever works for you.

It seems that the two critters are getting along nicely now. I wonder if they will play together. Prue and Lucy play when they are outside. Well, Lucy, not so much, but Prue tries to herd her and she tolerates it to a certain degree.

Did you ever get Alfie that promised bath? I think he has hair and not fur. Meaning that it will tangle more easily and get oily like people's hair. They are also less likely to create problems for people with allergies, since they have hair. I don't know where I heard all this but since Prue is a Tibetan Terrier and Alfie is a ..... of I forgot what he is, but they are related in breed.

Again, it is good to see that you are having an easy time of it with Alfie. Is he housebroken? Some breeder dogs are not.

Keep those pictures coming!

Oh, Chris, after reading SAS's post, I remembered what I wanted to ask you. If you have
    attempted to bathe Alfie yet? I wanted to know how he felt about that.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hello Alfie

Alfie,you look like a very wonderful Shih Tzu,hope you bring Chris lots of years of happiness,I am sure Chris will give you a good home and love you very much,too bad you are in Wales,Heidi would love a Shih Tzu pal,especially a male.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

I had a ST and she was the bestest.

The only problem?

She hated my GF, which, in retrospect, was a good thing.

Be prepared for many years of companionship, cuddling and loyalty.

(LOL, it's almost like being stalked.......)
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Thanks guys.

He's being a pain in two ways, growling at my neighbour(s) and going more than a little ballistic at other dogs when out for a walk. Plus, a short while ago he peed on his bed.

Other than that ... (see next post)

What a cutie! A belated congratulations on your new addition!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Thanks Bri.

Quote Originally Posted by sasvermont View Post
    Like I said in an earlier post, I allow Prue my dog, on the sofa but only if she stays in her bed. Same with my bed. She sleeps at the bottom of the bed, in her bed. Of course you need to follow whatever works for you.

Did you ever get Alfie that promised bath? I think he has hair and not fur. Meaning that it will tangle more easily and get oily like people's hair. They are also less likely to create problems for people with allergies, since they have hair. I don't know where I heard all this but since Prue is a Tibetan Terrier and Alfie is a ..... of I forgot what he is, but they are related in breed.

Again, it is good to see that you are having an easy time of it with Alfie. Is he housebroken? Some breeder dogs are not.
    On the sofa? Been doing something like you do with Prue, he can lie on there in his bed after I have gone to bed. Housebroken? Yes, whilst at the foster and has been fine here ... until tonight. And yes, he is a Shih Tzu and does have hair not fur.
    Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Oh, Chris, after reading SAS's post, I remembered what I wanted to ask you. If you have
    attempted to bathe Alfie yet? I wanted to know how he felt about that.
    Gave him a bath this afternoon ... technically a shower, or a bath in the shower anyhow, he was pretty good.

What a cutie he is Chris. I hope he is just settling down and these little issues vanish quickly.

Sending kisses to you Alfie (now you have had your bath).

11. Hello back to you pretty, clean Alfie!

Blog Entries
    Congratulations on your Alfie. What a handsome boy.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

He's even more adorable in his video. I also love the pictures of Ebby and Alfie sharing the same room. I hope he'll settle down more and stop peeing on his bed. Good luck.
    It could be worse because he could be peeing in your bed.

Welcome to PT, Alfie!! His face is so cute Chris, congrats

Thanks guys.

Got a few things to work on, oddly enough problems I didn't ever have with Bob, but Alfie is a bright boy and I'm sure we'll get there eventually. Time and patience.