Thread: My new boy ... Alfie.

Hybrid View

Grats! What a cutie

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

AAAWWWW, Chris!

I'm a little bit partial to Shih-Tzu's, but I think he is adorable!
    Welcome to your new PT home, Alfie. Congrats on the new addition!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Thanks guys.

I Alfie for a walk and he was lovely on the lead ... some heartbreaking moments though, walking in Bobby's footsteps.

I had to put the pet gate at the bedroom door once again, and lock the cat flap too because Alfie could get through it. I am feeling guilty about Ebby though, just praying she will accept his being here sooner rather than later.

Oh Chris, he's so cute! Congratulations! Just so happy you've found someone else to share all that love that you have to give. Bobby would be so proud of you.

Maybe a little extra attention to Ebby will help the transition.

Robin

Thanks Robin.

Okay, so, no getting on the furniture ... but right now he's sneaked on there and is fast asleep.

Oh congratulations!!! I am so excited for you. Bobby would be proud of you. I hope you and Alfie have many happy years together. And give Ebby time... she can't stay mad forever, trust me!
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

Thanks guys.

He's being a pain in two ways, growling at my neighbour(s) and going more than a little ballistic at other dogs when out for a walk. Plus, a short while ago he peed on his bed.

Other than that ... (see next post)

What a cutie! A belated congratulations on your new addition!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Thanks Bri.

Quote Originally Posted by sasvermont View Post
    Like I said in an earlier post, I allow Prue my dog, on the sofa but only if she stays in her bed. Same with my bed. She sleeps at the bottom of the bed, in her bed. Of course you need to follow whatever works for you.

Did you ever get Alfie that promised bath? I think he has hair and not fur. Meaning that it will tangle more easily and get oily like people's hair. They are also less likely to create problems for people with allergies, since they have hair. I don't know where I heard all this but since Prue is a Tibetan Terrier and Alfie is a ..... of I forgot what he is, but they are related in breed.

Again, it is good to see that you are having an easy time of it with Alfie. Is he housebroken? Some breeder dogs are not.
    On the sofa? Been doing something like you do with Prue, he can lie on there in his bed after I have gone to bed. Housebroken? Yes, whilst at the foster and has been fine here ... until tonight. And yes, he is a Shih Tzu and does have hair not fur.
    Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Oh, Chris, after reading SAS's post, I remembered what I wanted to ask you. If you have
    attempted to bathe Alfie yet? I wanted to know how he felt about that.
    Gave him a bath this afternoon ... technically a shower, or a bath in the shower anyhow, he was pretty good.

What a cutie he is Chris. I hope he is just settling down and these little issues vanish quickly.

Sending kisses to you Alfie (now you have had your bath).

Welcome to PT, Alfie!! His face is so cute Chris, congrats

Thanks guys.

Got a few things to work on, oddly enough problems I didn't ever have with Bob, but Alfie is a bright boy and I'm sure we'll get there eventually. Time and patience.

Hello, I just looked at the additional photos and the video. What a cute dog! Looks like everybody is comfy in the pics.