Thread: Frustrated

Frustrated

Ok so I admit it. I am an avid animal lover. I hate seeing a situation where an animal has potential to being harmed. We went and saw Beauty and the Beast in 3D at the theater. On the way home there was a sheltie on the side of the road. I asked DH if he would be angry if I went back and he says yes. So I leave the dog there but feel bad about it and will pine about it for hours and be on the verge of tears for the rest of the night. Sometimes I feel if he really loved me he wouldn't get upset when I want to help an animal. It is who I am it is in my nature I would even say. I feel like crap whenever I leave a dog on the side of the road. I feel like if something happens to that animal then I am responsible since I didn't pick it up. Then he brings up how the last time I did that the animal stayed. Sometimes I feel like a freak and that no one understands me since this has always been the general response I get from people when I bring an animal home. I just feel like crap tonight.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32038&dateline=129651  4765
    My Family left to right Riku - Lynx Point Siamese mix, Riley - Domestic Short Hair Tabby, Phoebe - Domestic Medium Hair Tabby, Foxy - Australian Cattle Dog mix - March 2001 - September 15, 2012, Autumn - Labrador Retriever Mix
    Dear Husband and Myself - homo sapiens - James and Becky

We understand. You can always call the police - not 911 - but the station, and have them call Animal Control to go pick up the animal. It's not your fault the dog was there, and maybe after you passed by, it went and found its way home, we can only hope. Don't beat yourself up about it, okay? Say a prayers for it, and know you hope it is safe.
    I've Been Frosted

I have those feelings too. When I was a teen I'd bring home animals all the time and try to place them. It's harder now to do and I feel guilty too when I see strays or lost dogs while driving by. I pray that they find there way home and call animal control and let them know about it.

Why didn't you call the police??? That would've eased your mind a little. As far as your S.O. is concerned? Well, let's just say if it were me, I would've taken the dog in, called the ACO and dealt with the S.O. later.

Maybe that's why I'm single. I haven't found a guy who understands WHAT and WHY I do what I do concerning animals ('cept for Davidp, of course . And that's too bad cuz, I'm really a pretty nice person in general (although yes, I am a biatch at times as I'm SURE some people here will agree and I don't argue).

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

You are definitely not a freak. I have the same feelings if I see a dog out on the loose. You are a good person with a big a heart for our furry friends. I am sorry your husband doesn't understand. Next time go back no matter what he says and check on the animal. I would never fault a friend for having such a big heart for animals.

Police department didn't come to mind and I didn't have the number. I just put it in my phone now. Thanks for the positive words. I felt bad for the dog and since DH and I disagreed about it when we got home that had me even more upset.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32038&dateline=129651  4765
    My Family left to right Riku - Lynx Point Siamese mix, Riley - Domestic Short Hair Tabby, Phoebe - Domestic Medium Hair Tabby, Foxy - Australian Cattle Dog mix - March 2001 - September 15, 2012, Autumn - Labrador Retriever Mix
    Dear Husband and Myself - homo sapiens - James and Becky

In 1964, a woman in NYC, Kitty Genovese, was killed, stabbed to death. She screamed and hollered for help; folks heard, no one acted. To me, that is where your S.O. is. I do not make a distinction between a human and another species of animal - if they need help and you are there, DO something, even if it is just picking up the phone and getting someone more qualified on the spot.

I can understand your situation. My fiance has very different opinions about an animals place than I do. Although he has learned to love my dogs, I don't think he will ever feel nearly the same about animals as I do. It doesn't make them horrible people, just sometimes people are hard to change.

In this situation, calling animal control is as good as anything. Even if you stay there keeping an eye on the animal to be sure animal control could find it. Don't feel bad about it.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Heck I wouldn't have asked in the first place, would have just gone back for the dog, brought it home and dealt with your hubby afterwards. My first thought is always for a stray or lost dog, hubby isn't exactly as freaky as I am about it but he probably realizes it wouldn't matter if he objected so he just goes along with it- down deep he's really an animal lover himself. I've taken lots of dogs home, checked for ID and if none was found I just called our local shelter. I have taken in a few lost dogs that seemed in need of a good meal and a warm bed. I think that's why we're on PT...we love animals , no holds barred.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----