Thread: Make Your Own Dog Bed - inexpensive too!

Make Your Own Dog Bed - inexpensive too!

I am SURE I found this here on PT; but I for the life of me can NOT find the original post!!

I came across this, instructions to make a pet bed - NO SEWING just tie tags. Very easy.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=236744.0

There are quite a few photos in that link, as different people made one up and shared their work.

I found it confusing in the tutorial as to how to do the ties, so a friend worked it out for me:

This is how to tie the tags:
    You do tie one 'tag' from the top circle to the 'tag' directly below it on the bottom circle. Tie using a square knot (left over right and under, right over left and under). Make sure you tie it right at the base of the tag (although she is right you have to be careful not to pull to much or the material will tear). There should not be any gaps between your knots.

Joanne Fabrics is having a sale and polyfill is half price (Jan 15 to 23). I found both pieces of fleece in the remnants bin; one piece was 1 and 1/8 yards, the other was 1 and 5/8 yards. I decided to use them as is (the instructions call for 2 pieces of about a yard each). I already knew I wanted a rectangle, not a circle. Well, I ended up with a bed large enough for a Great Dane! [] Other than that, it is fine! I needed 2 bags of polyfill for this (they are 24 ounce bags). That was $6, and the fleece ran another $6. Not bad for $12!

I put Sugar in first:

Yes, my bed came out big enough for a Great Dane! :hysterical:

Then I put Marlin in it:

Since he left, Sugar has been in it and claimed it as ALL MINE! :eyebrows: She has only left to run outdoor and pee, and to get some water. Over 2 hours she has been snuggled in it. Guess I have a hit! And she loves nesting in it, too.

I will add, I now know why using 2 different colors of fleece is a good idea - so much easier to keep track of all those tie tags!

Oh, and I did put Tasha in, she bolted out and won't go near it for now.

I have some photos still in the camera, of cats using the bed; will get those up tomorrow.

Cute bed! I made one similar once, but I guess I didn't tie it good cause eventually stuffing started coming out of it

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

That is super cute! I have it on my "someday" list for projects around here.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018