Thread: Now My Blaze Is Having Problems:Update 2/5/12

Hybrid View

Oh no! Many prayers that Alani will soon be better also and for all your kitties, that they don't get sick. {Hugs} to you. You must be so worried.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Prayers and healing energies for Alani and Blaze and all your kitties.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

All your kitties and you are in my prayers.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Poor Alani! I hope it's something very treatable, and something that those two brother cats keep to themselves.

Hugs!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

What a nightmare. Well I had a 7:30am appt. and at about 6:40am the veterinary hospital called to tell me that the vet I had an appt. with had called in sick. The lady said that I could be seen as an urgent care case and since I had an appt. I wouldn't be charged any extra. I went in and I had to wait a while. I wasn't seen until a little after 8am.
    Alani's temp was normal and his lungs sounded clear but he did sound a bit congested. He did have a coughing attack in front of the vet so she was able to see what I was trying to describe to her. She looked up Blaze's records to see how my regular vet had treated Blaze. Alani is now on an oral liquid antibotic,doxycycline, 2 times a day for 14 days. He was given a vitamin B12 shot to help his appetite and he'll also get 50ml of sub-q fluids every day for about 1 week. I have plenty of fluids and needles already. Alani's appetite is much better and Blaze is back to his normal goofy self. I decided to keep them both in the bathroom for a few days. I sure hope that Alani's cough will go away in a few days and that none of my other cats will get this. Thanks again everyone.

I'm hoping and praying that whatever-this-bug-is does not spread to the rest of your furbabies! I'm so happy that Blaze is on the mend and I hope that Alani is close behind him.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Whew, at least you got some answers, and we hope they both are feeling better with no further spread or complications!
    I've Been Frosted

I didn't get back to this thread for a few days.

So glad you found out what the issue is with Blaze, and now he is so much better. Isn't it such a relief when you see them start acting like themselves again? Even is it is a "goofy boy, lol.

Come on Alani, you too need to recover quickly.

Interesting that you had been to a cat show. I know at the show itself, we are always warned do NOT pet the cats, ask first, if you pet one, use the Purell before moving on, etc. That would be interesting if you brought something home from the show. Too bad there is no way to check if any of the cats there had this! Then you would know for sure. It's too bad, because I know attending the shows is so interesting and informative.

I'd like to ask: you said you have plenty of fluids and needles. Do you get them from your vet or another supply source? Not something I keep on hand! But with 15 pets of course I have quite the supply box as well.

Prayers for continued healing!

Hope they continue to improve. Hope you feel better too.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)