Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
I didn't get back to this thread for a few days.

So glad you found out what the issue is with Blaze, and now he is so much better. Isn't it such a relief when you see them start acting like themselves again? Even is it is a "goofy boy, lol.

Come on Alani, you too need to recover quickly.

Interesting that you had been to a cat show. I know at the show itself, we are always warned do NOT pet the cats, ask first, if you pet one, use the Purell before moving on, etc. That would be interesting if you brought something home from the show. Too bad there is no way to check if any of the cats there had this! Then you would know for sure. It's too bad, because I know attending the shows is so interesting and informative.

I'd like to ask: you said you have plenty of fluids and needles. Do you get them from your vet or another supply source? Not something I keep on hand! But with 15 pets of course I have quite the supply box as well.

Prayers for continued healing!
At the cat show I did pet a Maine Coon cat briefly after I asked his owner if I could. I later saw a cat sneezing who was in one of the cages at one of the judging rings. I made sure to wash my hands very well when I got home before I touched any of my cats. I could've also brought something home with me after Sky's vet visit. It was very busy that day but most of the pets there were dogs. If something is air born there's not much you can do to prevent it though. I got the sub-q fluids and needles for them at the vet. They gave me more needles than I'll need. It's so much cheaper to do this at home if you can.

Thanks again everyone. Poor Blaze is feeling great and he really wants out of the bathroom. I told him that Alani would be very lonely in there by himself and he'd be crying and getting stressed out without his brother. Alani still has his horrible cough. I hope to be able to let them both out by late Sat. or some time on Sun. Blaze's treatment will be over on Sunday but Alani has to take his medicine 2 times a day for 14 days total. My other 4 cats are really enjoying being able to come and go from my bedroom as they please. When Alani & Blaze are out, I have to keep my bedroom door shut so they won't get into things in my bedroom. I've especially noticed that both Pearl & Ziggy are really enjoying being "redhead free" because these boys love to try to play with them and they just won't have anything to do with them.