My rescued pit mix, since he was a puppy, has always itched and scratched. He never had hives, red or flakey skin, or itched himself raw but it was constant and I felt so bad! I tried every food - all natural, no wheat, no fillers, no corn, raw, vegetarian, pescatarian, limited ingredient, everything! Nothing cheap and nothing from the grocery store. Finally we settled on, oddly enough, a "weight management" chicken Blue Buffalo by chance. He itches every once and awhile, but is doing so much better. He's been on it for about two months and everything's been great. For about two weeks he has had awful gas. Unbearable and all the time! He has no diarrhea, no vomitting, no fever, he does not act sick. I've done research and every source has pointed to his food. I'm so scared to change his food, yet again, and set off his itching. What else could it be? If it makes any difference, he's neutered, about two years old, in good health, have never noticed any food allergies. He does take a daily fish oil supplement, but has been taking it every day since I adopted him.