Thread: What do you think?

What do you think?

Personaly I think it's a great idea. It's time these crimes are brought
    out into the open & discussed as a serious crime. The abusers should be
    named & recognised as the criminals they are.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...er-registries/
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I think it's a great idea, but not without flaws. The biggest problem is catching and prosecuting these scumbags, and then of course, enforcing their registration. The system has a hard enough time keeping track of the sex offenders, and I'm certain that the majority of John Q. Public (not PTers), would not particularly want to see their tax money spent for this. But yeah - something definitely needs to be done, and this is an idea in the right direction.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

This would be a great resource for animal shelters and HS's. Even if some abuser is "acquitted" or given a slap on the wrist, mandatory membership on this registry would hopefully prevent any further adoptions by creeps like this.

Public access would be good too, especially for those "free to good home" advertisers!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I think it's a good idea as well! Especially for rescues, people looking for new homes for pets via craigslist and newspapers, etc. However, I can't help think it won't be regularly enforced.

As long as it's updated and accessible to all, there wouldn't be much to enforce; I would hope that people would use this and NOT adopt out to people on the registry.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I think this is an excellent idea, especially if it could become widely accessible, used, and enforced.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

CT is one of the states working to implement it. It's about time!!! We have to be the voices of the animals that can't speak for themselves.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

This is something that is way overdue. I'm solidly in favor of federal legislation on this. Granted, there would be problems with enforcement but it is a step in the right direction. I plan now to talk to my animal loving friends to try and get something like this going in New Jersey. It's worth a shot. Donna, please let us know how it works out in Connecticut?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

YES! OMG...yes. We need this in Pennsylvania. There have been way too many animal abuse cases lately.

I would personally push for this in PA.

It will be good to see how it works in the states that are working on it, then to roll it out nationwide. Arizona, Maryland, Florida, New York, and Colorado are pretty widespread, and if they can get something up and running, then spread it to neighboring states, this might be the start of something good.
    I've Been Frosted

Yes, I think that this is a great idea and I'd support it 100%.