Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ellie-mae will be leaving me today....

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    Thank you both, appreciate your kind words of love and support.

It is so strange, in some ways i just want the time to come and it be over for her and me, no more suffering for her, and the stress of watching her suffer, but the other part of me never wants the time to come, because i have to say goodbye and that is so very painful to do,such a horrible feeling isn't it?
    Its the worst. I remember my ex building a small wooden box to bury our beloved cat in that was so, so, sick. We were getting prepared as best we could for the awful time to take her to the vet. We cried each time we saw her try to get up and walk. She was so weak and barely had a B/P when we got her to the wonderful vet who cared for her through the years. We all know what you're going through and like you say, when you look in their eyes you know its time to help them over the bridge. Take care. You have my deepest sympathy, Carole.

~~

((((HUGS)))) for Carole and Ellie-Mae,

Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I'm so very sorry - (((((hugs for all of you)))))

Sometimes doing the right thing just plain sucks!!! She knows you love her and will take that love with her. Prayers for you both.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carole, I'm so very sorry; {{{hugs}}}. Kitty kisses for sweet Ellie Mae.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Oh, Carole, I am so very sorry. Such a hard decision to make, after the two of you have already been through so much together.

I wish I could reach out around the world and hug you so tightly. My cats and I are all sending you love and prayers for peace and comfort. You are giving Ellie-mae the best gift you can give her now, as you have always given her your best and most loving gifts.

The love that you and Ellie-mae share is eternal, and you are together always. She will be healthy and whole and happy again at the Bridge, waiting there with Ash to welcome you home, One Fine Day.

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and ,
    Pat, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, Bob, Sparkler, Lavinia, and Poppaea Sabina
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Gentle hugs and shoulders for you to cry on. You have done as much and more for her as you could. She will live on in your heart and memory until you meet again One Fine Day.

Some day you will be able to smile at silly things she did, and remember happier times.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am so sorry that Ellie-Mae cannot get better. You really are doing what is best for her so she won't have to suffer any more... but I know it is so hard. I got tears reading about it. ((Hugs)) Kay

I've just gotten home from work and saw this.
    I am so sorry, Carole. Ellie-Mae is a beautiful girl and you've done everything you could do to keep her healthy. ((Hugs)) and prayers go out to you from across the miles.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

thanks so much everyone, all i can do is come here and look at your threads, i cannot concentrate very well to do much else, time is getting closer and my stomach is in knots, i have taken some gastrosoothe to help with that.

She is drinking a lot of water, but apart from that, she has that not there look and sleeps with her eyes open some of the time, her eyes look glazed and i think it is pain, so i just want the time to come in that way for her, the ride there will be just awful for her, and me too, and then the wait, oh gosh i have played this scene over in my head so many times, just hoping it will be over for her soon.

oh my gosh she just came up the stairs to see me,gorgeous wee girl she is,did not think she would have the energy, another water bowl up here so she is sitting close by it and probably will have a drink hopefully.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

11. Oh Carole...my heart breaks for you...Godpseed Ellie-mae, godspeed...

I hardly ever get to the Cat side, but saw your post and had to come say...my heart breaks for you...Your day must have seemed to be never ending, but your Ellie-mae is staying close because she knows that you will give her peace soon even if it is at the risk of your own. You are proving the greatest love there is for her. {{hugs}}

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Carole ~ I'm so sorry to hear that Ellie-mae is leaving you.
    It sounds like she is letting go and thank you so much for listening to her.

Good journey Ellie-mae. Until we meet again -- never to be parted. You are definitely one amazing soul that I am looking forward to meeting when I cross the bridge.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

This is the hardest part to pet ownership and I'm so sorry you have to make that final decision. I know how gut wrenching this is and sending you all the support and prayers I can. She will continue living on in your heart, try remembering all the good times, eventually it feels a bit better but it does take a while. And keep in mind that you are showing real love by doing the right thing.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Ellie left us peacefully, we had plenty of time to say goodbye to her.

The trip out was the hardest and the waiting, she was given a tranquiliser and then unfortunately he could not get her first vein, was too tiny ,so had to try on the other leg, this was somewhat stressful for me, but Ellie was fine, she was away with the fairies already.

I still cannot believe she is gone really, but i feel more peaceful and relief that she is no longer suffering, she hardly put up any fight to go in the cage and only miaowed about once on the way, so i knew she was more than ready to leave us.

Oh yes it hurts like anything right now, but i am finding comfort coming here, i am posting some pics of her, so if it upsets anyone sorry, but it makes me feel a tiny bit better to share with you.

I hope to do the box up a bit more later on, the rose was kindly given to me by the vets nurse, who is real lovely lady.

Thanks everyone for your support, kindness, caring and love through out all of my ups and downs with precious wee Ellie, and special thanks to Lisa and Donna, who loved my girl as much as me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ellie in coffin 3 2012 20th jan.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	52307   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ellie in her coffin 20th jan 2012.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	52308  
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️