Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ellie-mae will be leaving me today....

Carole, I am typing this through tears. Ellie-mae has been on my mind constantly for many days now. I am glad your wee girl is at peace and out of pain now, but my heart is breaking for you. Know that though I never met her in person, I really loved Ellie-mae. R.I.P. Sweet, Pretty, Girl.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Carole, I'm so sorry for your loss. You've been such a wonderful cat meowmie to her and she let you know when it was time and you listened to her. I know how hard it is to let a beloved pet go and it never gets any easier. Now she's at peace and will live in your heart forever. RIP sweet Ellie-mae. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Thank you , you are all so sweet, i wish you all could have met my Ellie, such a fantastic furbaby, fiesty, cute,unique, so many words to describe her beautiful purrsonality.

It has been such a tough day,my emotions up and down, feelings of complete and utter distraught,some relief and now that empty feeling in the pit of your stomach that hits you,i think i shall retire early, i am taking my girl upstairs to sleep beside my bed, i don't want her to leave me just yet, besides my daughter wants to see her before we bury her and we have some things to add to her box yet.

Nikki has had a sniff of her mama, but that is all, i am not sure what she thinks, she does seem a bit sad, but maybe i am reading too much in to it.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I am so very sorry, Carole. {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}, Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    She is peacefully sleeping now.............
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Carole: I'm so sorry to read this but this is the last act of love you can do. RIP sweet Ellie-mae.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I'm so sorry about Ellie-Mae. You and she put up one heck of a fight.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Carol, I don't come here as much as I should, so am a bit of a stranger, but if I were writing this by hand, the ink would be smudged by my teardrops. I'm a stranger here, but I am not a stranger to your pain and emptiness, and I am so very, very sorry. Ellie Mae is a beautiful girl, absolutely beautiful - and even moreso at the Bridge, where she glows with youth and Life! It was a great, great day for her - to leave your loving arms and find herself in light and Love, young, healthy, and happy once again - and forever! She loves you more than ever now, for she has a greater understanding of love. And she knows that you showed her the greatest love of all: you knowingly took pain upon yourself to spare her any more. There is no greater love than that! She's there, at the Bridge, waiting for you; your love and care ensures that you are hers forever. The reunion will come in good time - and it will be forever; what a glorious day that will be!

May Ellie Mae's Creator hold you gently in the hollow of His hands, comfort you, and lead your heart to peace.

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea

Carole, I am so very sorry for your loss, I know how heartbreaking it is. You will miss Ellie-Mae terribly, but you have done everything possible for her, and made her as comfortable as you could, and she took your love with her.

I hope it will comfort you that you gave her 6-7 years extra to live, and that she had such a good and happy life with you. She is painfree and resting peacefully now. You will be reunited some day.

My deepest sympathy and big ((((hugs))))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Crying here....have followed the story of Ellie-Mae for so long it seems like I knew her.
    Carol, you always went above and beyond the "call of duty" with your wee girl. What a strong, loving, caring cat mom you are!
    Sending you hugs from me and purrs from Franklin and Chelsea,
    Godspeed, Ellie-Mae......
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

I feel your pain..

I am so sorry for your loss..here come the tears, nonetheless I will write through them.

Like you, I experienced my greatest loss just a few short months ago. I, too cared and nursed her for around 18 months..the toll that took on me wasnt realized until after I let her go..if you're anything like me and I am sure you are, the love you have for her is unmeasurable..the loss is bottomless...almost three months later it is like it was just yesterday. I can finally look at pictures..I cannot speak about her, my voice still trembles.

After I made that haunting decision, it all happened very fast..and immediately after I felt numb and lifeless, lost and bewildered. I believe that was some form of shock..that takes days, maybe even weeks to go through..you must now pay attention to yourself..lean on your friends/family..they will be of great comfort. It's like you get deflated and are vulnerable to anything..

Nothing can erase the pain we feel, especially when we have that heavy decision on our shoulders to make, and be responsible for. The only thing that I can truly take comfort in, is that our babies are free of the pain and restrictions they had at the end and that was our goal and our only alternative in achieving that peace for them.

I had trouble, like you deciding WHEN..up and down and all over the place..I trusted her to tell me when, and she did, just as Ellie Mae did for you..it's so difficult sometimes to decifer, and then go through with it..I struggled with it too. It still haunts me, but deep in my heart I know as you will too at some point..she's better off..

Ellie Mae is a beautiful, gorgeous girl, you I can tell by your thoughts and expressive feelings that she was as much a part of you as anything ever could be..and very very much loved. I am sure she knew just how much she meant to you and you to her, I know you saw the love in her eyes..I did..nothing or no one can ever change that. When they leave you lock them in your heart, never to let them go completely.

I hope you'll reconsider (as I did) at some point, to let another little life into yours, you are such a loving and caring cat mom, they would be so fortunate to be selected to be yours. I said the exact same thing, (I have three others) but, nearly three months later there's going to be a new kid in town, in the next few weeks..you'd be surprised how it lifts you. I feel Tinkerbelle would approve.

Godspeed little Ellie Mae..look up Tinkerbelle at the bridge I think you would be fast friends.
    RIP Ellie Mae

Hi Carole-

Words cannot express how sorry I am to read your thread today. I'm so sorry. I hope time will heal your pain. RIP dear sweet Ellie-mae.

My prayers,
    Melissa

I have been following Ellie Mae's story for awhile now. Even though it was difficult, you did the best thing for her. She is now up in Heaven playing with the angels.

Rest in peace, sweet sweet Ellie Mae.

I am so sorry for your loss. I know your pain. It is something we have to do for our babies when the time comes but it is so hard.

I am so sorry for your loss. I read this entire thread and I have started to cry. The pain we feel when we lose a beloved fur child is deep and leaves a huge hole in our hearts. She was a pretty girl, and now she is at peace, whole and pain free. Sending healing thoughts to you during this difficult time.

Amy