Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I've sometimes joked about the "Red Green Daycare", but I never thought....

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Thank you, and let me apologize for being so snippy. It was not my intention to argue with anyone, however you just pushed the wrong button. I have very deep-seated reasons why I see red when anyone says I said/did something that I didn't say/do, and it stems back to my childhood. Some things I guess we can never let go of completely, and that's one of them for me.

No need to apologize-the reason I didn't post about that picture is that I also have deep-seated reasons for seeing red at a such a distasteful picture, if nothing else it shows a lack of intelligent judgement for someone to even think of doing something as stupid as this and finding it funny. You'd better believe how many morons will get ideas from seeing this.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Asiel View Post
    No need to apologize-the reason I didn't post about that picture is that I also have deep-seated reasons for seeing red at a such a distasteful picture, if nothing else it shows a lack of intelligent judgement for someone to even think of doing something as stupid as this and finding it funny. You'd better believe how many morons will get ideas from seeing this.
    LOL. I wasn't apologizing for my views on this subject - they remain the same. I was apologizing to Sowa for snipping at her.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I perhaps could have been clearer - this pic was posted on a Cheezburger site called "Parenting Fails". In that context I found it amusing because I knew it was not to be taken seriously - and the site managers would have contact info for the posters if they had concerns. If it was posted in another context, I too would wonder!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

yes I too understood what previous posters meant... I just don't agree

and that's A OK

I don't think this photo is going to create child abuse. the people who are going to abuse their kids are already doing it... I highly doubt anyone is going to stumble upon that photo and be like "HEY this would be a great way to abuse my kids.". Will some idiot see it and maybe think to try it? it's possible but I still don't see it causing any real harm to any real children.

I am also not a fan of punishing people because other people are stupid lol. I'm not going to not do something because someone who is stupid might see it and do it incorrectly. I think we should take all the warnings off labels and let the "stupid people" problem take care of itself rather than trying to protect these people from themselves lol.

On a serious note though... I just don't see this photo causing any future abuse of other children. abusers will abuse... no photo is going to make or break that

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    No point so far made has gone over my head. Just an FYI to anyone who thought differently.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Never, ever underestimate the stupidity of people. This was in my home town this past weekend, and it references another dumb act involving painter's tape.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...r-in-dog-cage/

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    Never, ever underestimate the stupidity of people. This was in my home town this past weekend, and it references another dumb act involving painter's tape.

And I rest my case...............
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Good grief...I guess I can rest my case also. This is besides some of the other horrors happening every day.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Just ban the product. After all, its existence it the real cause of these stories.

No tape, no child abuse!
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

10. That case also involves a dog cage - those must also be banned and people who have posted "cute" photos of their kid climbing in the dog cage held accountable!

And he threatened to use electricity - so that should be banned too?

Political correctness (and censorship) take many forms.

Methinks this is the same silliness as always. If you ban one weapon people will find another. Rope existed before tape, swords before guns, etc, etc. If we just ban those pesky humans ... then the whole world would be politically correct, right?
    I've Been Frosted

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post

Says he did this as punishment . . . not sure how it can also be a "joke that went too far". I never personally doubted that in many cases duct tape can be and is used to cause harm. I'd already heard several cases of these punishments.

My ONLY point is that the particular photo on this thread didn't offend me.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom View Post

My ONLY point is that the particular photo on this thread didn't offend me.
    And my ONLY point is that I found it offensive and inappropriate and suggestive. I never said anything about banning duct tape or dog cages or electricity, as one poster mentioned. Puh-leeze!!!!! - give me credit for having some intelligence, regardless of what some people may think!
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

The whole duct tape things just leads me back to the Anthony case and that just makes me sick.

I don't think this photo is "that" bad. Plus, she does have her stuffed animal with her.... (just trying to lighten the mood).
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Tallahasee made a wallet out of duct tape with his son Buck.