Thread: Kitty Books

Hybrid View

I recently got started on the Warrior series; the librarian recommended them. I found the them in the Adult Mystery section; however, when I returned the first one and looked for others - they were in Juvenile Fiction. Ok, so I'm a juvenile - I enjoy them, and I think they're written better than some of the others. They're by Erin Hunter - and there are lots of them!

JULY EDIT: Perhaps the "Warrior" was misleading; they are Warrior CATS - cats who live in clans in the wild. There's the Warriors; Warriors: The New Prophecy; Warriors: Power of Three; and Warriors: Omen of the Stars. There are 6 books in each of these series, and each builds on the previous story. There are also 4 "standalone" adventures, subtitled as Super Editions: Bluestar's Prophecy; Firestar's Quest; SkyClan's Destiny, and Crookedstar's Promise. I've read all of these and can say that they're very engrossing; I've actually caught myself with tears at certain points! There's a new Super Edition coming out this fall: Yellowfang's Promise (hmm, or maybe it's Prophecy). I've already pre-ordered it! I can highly recommend these; although they're shelved in Juvenile Fiction, there's much in them that is allegorical to the human species - and they're better written than some of the other "cat" books I've read.
    Last edited by maerlyn; 07-09-2012 at 10:58 AM.

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea

Yay, I just got the book "Cats in the Belfry" from the library today. I'll have some enjoyable evenings reading it.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

New kitty book review up on my blog - for The Cat Manual, in part by Monday's Cat of the Day, Cleo! It's fun, and funny, and it's an eBook!

The funny thing is, the human author says it may not even be Cleo's writing, but she'd take the credit, anyway!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    New kitty book review up on my blog - for The Cat Manual, in part by Monday's Cat of the Day, Cleo! It's fun, and funny, and it's an eBook!

The funny thing is, the human author says it may not even be Cleo's writing, but she'd take the credit, anyway!
    Wonderful! Can't go wrong buying a Kindle book for $2.99, especially if it is about cats and is humorous. I just downloaded it. I just started another book a couple days ago so I will have to finish that one.

Thanks!

Have just searched for kitty books in the library database again and found a few that might be good. Have any of you read these?

Richard Scarry's The great pie robbery : and other mysteries / forfatter: Richard Scarry ; illustrator: Richard Scarry
    . - New York : Sterling, 2010. - 104 sider : ill. i farver
    For the first time together in one fun volume are three mystery stories featuring Richard Scarry's endearing animal sleuths, Sam Cat and Dudley Pig--two engaging (but sometimes clueless) heroes who dress up in a hilarious series of disguises.
    Originaludgave: 2008.
    Indhold: The great pie robbery ; The supermarket mystery ; The great steamboat mystery.

Nonny Hogrogian
    Cool cat / tegner: Nonny Hogrogian
    A Neal Porter book
    1. edition. - New York : Roaring Brook Press, 2009. - [34] sider : alle ill. i farver
    Cool Cat's neighborhood isn't so cool. It's barren and brown, littered with rusty cans and broken bottles. No problem. With an old paint box, a troop of helpful animals, and lots of imagination, Cool Cat turns the world around him into a Rousseau-style masterpiece. An enchanting story of resourcefulness and positive thinking.
    Originaludgave: 2009.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.