Thread: Kitty Books

Kitty Books

For the radio show I have been participating in, I now am doing author interviews, in a show we are calling Animal Rave! So I am asking publishers to send me books, and as well as interviewing the authors for the radio, I will be reviewing the books on my blog, over at KarenWatts.com . So there's a new book review up, and I'll add to this thread as more get posted. When everything settles down, AnimalRave.com will exist and link to all the reviews as well.

So see here for my review for "Lessons in Stalking" by Dena Harris.
    I've Been Frosted

We have just read the Newest Joe and Dulcie and Kit Mystery by Shirley Murphy. Those and The Rita Mae Brown and Carole Nelson Douglas are Our Favorites
    We wonder if there will be any new Cat Who books now that Lillian Jackson Braun has become an Angel.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I love your new website! The book "Lessons in stalking" sounds great, I must read it!

I noticed this "blunder" in your text: I get to tell you all I am going to be going a book show for them,.....

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thanks, Randi, I fixed that!
    I've Been Frosted

These books may be too old for you, but I love the humorous tales by British author Doreen Tovey. I think she started in the late 50s and continued into the 80s. Most of the action is about their generations of Siamese cats, but the adventures of their donkey, pet squirrel, and other assorted critter always bring a smile to my face. I think there were 10 or 12 books in total.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

I searched in the library database here and found two books by Doreen Tovey, I have them on a waiting list now. Unfortunately, no books by Dena Harris showed up.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Sorry, Randi! I never know which books will make it overseas and which won't. I know it is on Amazon.com here as an ebook, but don't know how much it would be there!

I recently got started on the Warrior series; the librarian recommended them. I found the them in the Adult Mystery section; however, when I returned the first one and looked for others - they were in Juvenile Fiction. Ok, so I'm a juvenile - I enjoy them, and I think they're written better than some of the others. They're by Erin Hunter - and there are lots of them!

JULY EDIT: Perhaps the "Warrior" was misleading; they are Warrior CATS - cats who live in clans in the wild. There's the Warriors; Warriors: The New Prophecy; Warriors: Power of Three; and Warriors: Omen of the Stars. There are 6 books in each of these series, and each builds on the previous story. There are also 4 "standalone" adventures, subtitled as Super Editions: Bluestar's Prophecy; Firestar's Quest; SkyClan's Destiny, and Crookedstar's Promise. I've read all of these and can say that they're very engrossing; I've actually caught myself with tears at certain points! There's a new Super Edition coming out this fall: Yellowfang's Promise (hmm, or maybe it's Prophecy). I've already pre-ordered it! I can highly recommend these; although they're shelved in Juvenile Fiction, there's much in them that is allegorical to the human species - and they're better written than some of the other "cat" books I've read.
    Last edited by maerlyn; 07-09-2012 at 10:58 AM.

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea

Yay, I just got the book "Cats in the Belfry" from the library today. I'll have some enjoyable evenings reading it.

New kitty book review up on my blog - for The Cat Manual, in part by Monday's Cat of the Day, Cleo! It's fun, and funny, and it's an eBook!

The funny thing is, the human author says it may not even be Cleo's writing, but she'd take the credit, anyway!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    New kitty book review up on my blog - for The Cat Manual, in part by Monday's Cat of the Day, Cleo! It's fun, and funny, and it's an eBook!

The funny thing is, the human author says it may not even be Cleo's writing, but she'd take the credit, anyway!
    Wonderful! Can't go wrong buying a Kindle book for $2.99, especially if it is about cats and is humorous. I just downloaded it. I just started another book a couple days ago so I will have to finish that one.

Thanks!

Have just searched for kitty books in the library database again and found a few that might be good. Have any of you read these?

Richard Scarry's The great pie robbery : and other mysteries / forfatter: Richard Scarry ; illustrator: Richard Scarry
    . - New York : Sterling, 2010. - 104 sider : ill. i farver
    For the first time together in one fun volume are three mystery stories featuring Richard Scarry's endearing animal sleuths, Sam Cat and Dudley Pig--two engaging (but sometimes clueless) heroes who dress up in a hilarious series of disguises.
    Originaludgave: 2008.
    Indhold: The great pie robbery ; The supermarket mystery ; The great steamboat mystery.

Nonny Hogrogian
    Cool cat / tegner: Nonny Hogrogian
    A Neal Porter book
    1. edition. - New York : Roaring Brook Press, 2009. - [34] sider : alle ill. i farver
    Cool Cat's neighborhood isn't so cool. It's barren and brown, littered with rusty cans and broken bottles. No problem. With an old paint box, a troop of helpful animals, and lots of imagination, Cool Cat turns the world around him into a Rousseau-style masterpiece. An enchanting story of resourcefulness and positive thinking.
    Originaludgave: 2009.