Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pet Talk Now

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Agree, agree, agree!

I have one comment and that is -- I miss the birthday list on the bottom of the page. The new PT looks great and I am getting the hang of it!

I see the B-day list at the bottom of the page.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Big Update.

Okay, folks, big update! We will not be getting the new server until Saturday. But then it will be a brand new machine, and hopefully stable for many years to come. Thank you for all your patience, and bearing with us. This server seems stable for now, but we will continue to monitor it closely. Go ahead and post, but of course, Search and "Today's Threads" will not be available until we are on the new server, as we know this one cannot handle the search process.
    I've Been Frosted

I don't know much about servers, but I hope it will live up to your expectations! We'll be patient - and anyway, things work fairly well now - we can view and post.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Okay, folks, big update! We will not be getting the new server until Saturday. But then it will be a brand new machine, and hopefully stable for many years to come. Thank you for all your patience, and bearing with us. This server seems stable for now, but we will continue to monitor it closely. Go ahead and post, but of course, Search and "Today's Threads" will not be available until we are on the new server, as we know this one cannot handle the search process.
    So you and Paul get to spend yet another weekend, serving another server. You certainly have put a lot of work - expected and unexpected - into this move. Hopefully all will go smoothly this time. Fingers and paws crossed here.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I have an avatar, but it didn't show up in my recent post showing in the right hand columns of Forum threads and New Forum Posts. I see other avatars there, so why not mine?

That may be related to the search engine being turned off, or something to do with the image database that will need to be rebuilt. There's a lot we cannot explore right now, as my avatar doesn't show up in those places either. I will be glad when we are on the new server and can uncripple things.

By the way, folks, we fixed the blue text under the profiles in the "green" format, just so you know!
    I've Been Frosted

You did! Thank you!

We also fixed if you click on the logo at the top of the forum, it takes you back to the Forums homepage, instead of PetoftheDay.com. Incremental changes, it is like working on an old car. This server works, just not on anything too complex right now!
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    That may be related to the search engine being turned off, or something to do with the image database that will need to be rebuilt. There's a lot we cannot explore right now, as my avatar doesn't show up in those places either. I will be glad when we are on the new server and can uncripple things.

By the way, folks, we fixed the blue text under the profiles in the "green" format, just so you know!
    Default (blue/gray), or green...........so where's the purple????
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Just a question out of curiosity, what hosting company do you run Petoftheday.com out of?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellow View Post
    Just a question out of curiosity, what hosting company do you run Petoftheday.com out of?

We are moving to 1 and 1.
    I've Been Frosted

We are moving to 1 and 1.
    Hrm. From my experience, 1&1 wasn't that great. They had problems from the start with provisioning my shared hosting, then their tech support was absolute failure, so I just gave up on it.

If you're after shared hosting, I personally recommend Arvixe. My site's never gone down before, and their tech support is very speedy: http://www.arvixe.com/

And if you want a VPS, I've had hosting with Bluemile Cloud for.. two years now. My VPSs there went down once when they moved datacenters, a year and a half ago. http://bluemilecloud.com/

Thanks for your input, Colin. We are looking for a dedicated server, not VPS or any other kind of shared hosting.
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks for your input, Colin. We are looking for a dedicated server, not VPS or any other kind of shared hosting.
    Oh, Bluemile does dedicated server hosting as well. They own their own datacenters - both in Ohio (Cleveland and Columbus, respectively) - I believe they're both Tier 4 or at least Tier 3, and own their own fiber network in Ohio that links up to many of the biggest ISPs.

Yes, I sound like a salesperson. I really like them. Never had a single problem with them before.

Thanks for the advice.
    I've Been Frosted