Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pet Talk Back!

I like it! Thank you Karen and Paul. I know I rarely post but I always visit every day. Pet Talk is home and I'm glad it's back online.

Karen, I can see Paul is still working on it - and I bet you are hovering around to help all you can. Don't wear yourselves out - take a break and treat yourselves to a good lunch! I swear it will all look the same when you come back.

Thank you for your hard work and for your aestetic sense of what a forum should look like. You are the BEST!!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

The search engine is still indexing. Search will not work until it is done.

There is another choice right now, if you got to the bottom of the forums page, you can choose "green" instead of default for the colors. I like the green better, but you can keep it the old way. We'll be adding more things as time goes on.
    I've Been Frosted

I'm liking the new look. Pet Talk finally looks more like the other vBulletin forums I frequent.

We are not asking you to change your password for any reason other than the old server was compromised, and we have no idea how much, is any, information they stole. I even changed mine, which I have had since day one!
    I've Been Frosted

I didn't think it was worthwhile making a new thread for this, but I've noticed two things - one of which is a bug:
    The "Home" button in the top link bar throws the vB equivalent to a "access denied" error:
    Name:  Screen shot 2012-01-15 at 2.45.50 PM.png
Views: 128
Size:  163.6 KB
    Note: That link is this: http://petoftheday.com/talk/content.php

And secondly, shouldn't the Pet Talk image at the top link back to the forums, not the actual petoftheday.com website?

Karen, I think prefer the green too. Thanks.

I love the look and I have Windows XP and logging in was the same as it always was. Do I really have to change my password? It has great sentimental value to me, plus, I always forget my passwords and this is one that ties me to this site so I never forget it. Otherwise, great work!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Quote Originally Posted by katladyd View Post
    I love the look and I have Windows XP and logging in was the same as it always was. Do I really have to change my password? It has great sentimental value to me, plus, I always forget my passwords and this is one that ties me to this site so I never forget it. Otherwise, great work!
    It's generally recommended that you change your password once in a while anyway just to ensure no one has it, but you don't *have* to. Karen or Paul could have forced everyone to change their password if it was really needed.

Thanks, for your reply. I suppose I will change it to some extent, but reluctantly. On a happy note, I love vbulletin sites as I am on another one and they are very easy to navigate. The green background so beautiful. Thank you, Karen and Paul, for all of your hard work!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Wow! So far it looks great. I just have to get used to everything though. I don't mind changing my password because I was having issues with it in the past so I ended up keeping the one that it gave me which is so hard to remember. I'm just glad to see that PT is now back online.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens

Thumbnail pic attachments

I did notice one thing that is strange, and I'm sure you'll either fix or have an answer in time. No hurry.

When multiple pics are posted as thumbnails, they still show up the same as with the old system. However when only one is posted - it is HUGE and you can't view the entire pic. I checked out two different threads where I had posted only one pic, and they were both the same - HUGE!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Thank you, Karen and Paul! You are both wonderful. What a wonderful community and world you have created.

I changed my password.. just in case.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I changed mine, too. Thanks for all of the hard work and dedication you guys provide for us!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Just to give you all a chuckle, I went to log on quickly and typed my old password, and when it said "Invalid" I started to think "Wait a minute you ..." and then realized what I had done! We human beings are so danged fallible!
    I've Been Frosted