Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pet Talk Back!

Pet Talk Back!

We had to move our server and Pet Talk because spammers had broken in. We don't think they changed anything on Pet Talk, but just in case, once you log in, you should change your password. We are sorry things look a bit ugly right now, we are still working on getting the new software set up, but wanted to open the forums back up so you can post. Thank you for your patience with all of this.

We had been planning to move to a new server, but were forced to do it immediately, before we were ready. Now we are on the new server, which should be faster, once it is set up. Right now, it is still upgrading the search engine index, so the Pet Talk search feature will not work until the index is rebuilt. The server will be slow until this stops, but as we have over 2 million posts, it will take a while. Once that is done, Pet Talk will be faster, and search will work.

If you have any comments or suggestions, please post them here. We are just learning about the capabilities of the new software, and hope you will bear with us during all this. We hope it will be better for everyone once it is done. Thanks again!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    We had to move our server and Pet Talk because spammers had broken in.
    What a nuisance! Sorry you had to do it all so fast, but I'm sure you'll get it set up nicely. I'll have a look around now.

Any chance of putting other fonts in? I thought a couple of nice ones for Birthdays and COTD threads.

Oh, and the blue font color for the forums... is it possible to make that a little darker, and the text color, too?

I like my window fairly narrow, because I want access to a chat program I have on the side. When I put it the size I want, it looks like this - see right side! Also, when I'm on the "New Posts" page, my window has to be 33 centimeters wide to see all of the text.

The Pet Talk logo looks great on that background, though! I like that you can rid of the column on the right.

Thanks Karen and Paul!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Randi; 01-15-2012 at 10:18 AM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thank you Paul and Karen for all you do!!! Changed my password. Have to head to church, will have to check around later!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Wow, we have a new look! Thank you Paul, for giving up your weekend so we can all be chatty! LOL

Karen, good job giving support, hot chocolate, and the hovering that you say is your contribution to this particular bit of the process, lol.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I like the new look Karen & Paul. Sometimes it's nice to have a fresh new look just to keep things more interesting - not that there was anything wrong with the old look tho. I cannot even imagine all the work that has gone into this change/move. Thanks for all that you do for us pet lovers!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Wow what a cool looking website I'm on
    Thankyou, Paul and Karen.
    I can report one problem. In my old Windows XP computer at home, I cannot see the Login fields properly. I only could see the one for the password, so I entered the password and when it told me the combination of password and user name (which I could not enter ) was not valid it also showed me the complete login screen so that's why I am here finally

Like it. haven't had time to explore, though.

What does "Home" mean at the top?
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Thanks for all your hard work! The searches are coming up with nothing. I was trying to find a certain photo. Is this just temporary? Also, don't see a way to search a certain area here.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Thanks, Karen and Paul.
    I always like upgrades. However, I didn't like changing passwords. I've had mine since day ONE.

Read first post carefully. Searches may not work yet.

Looks great Karen! Thanks for all you and Paul do to keep us going.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

I'm not a fan of change in general, but I'll get used to it. It looks great!

My log in area is all jumbled together as well. I just clicked up there and started typing....luckily I got it right! I'm not a fan of changing my password either, but I guess I will.

I'm sure there are still a lot of kinks to be worked out.

Thank you Paul for all your hard work!! And thank you Karen for "supervising".
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Well, this is kind of similar to another forum I'm on, so the change isn't that bad . I like the logo, it looks really snazzy on the blue background... Off to change my password too. I'm not a fan of changing it, but oh well.

Good luck with ironing out the kinks Karen and Paul!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Looking good! Well done and thanks.

I like it

This is pretty cool, so far. Thumbs up from Sas!

Very nice

Paul does good work