Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Temporary guest at the ploss cat house!!! UPDATE 2/24

Temporary guest at the ploss cat house!!! UPDATE 2/24

As many of you know, I've been socializing two feral kittens that were trapped back in September. It's been a loooooong haul!

They are now 16 weeks old. P-Diddy (the boy, and I did NOT pick that name!!) is a sweet little boy, still a bit shy but purrs like a diesel engine. He loves to snuggle in my neck. His sister, on the otherhand, is still hissy and will jump 2 feet from my shoulder to the cage just to get away from me. She still needs a lot of work.

They both love to be around the other cats. So, P-Diddy is coming to my house. He's almost ready for a furrever home. He'll be crated for a day or so, but everyone will be able to see and smell each other.

Then he'll come out and hang with the clan till he gets the idea that THAT is what he's supposed to do, EAT, SLEEP, PLAY and above all, FEEL SAFE!!!!

Since I don't want him to be alone on Sunday (I babysit for 10 hours) I'll be picking him up Monday.

HE'S ONLY HERE TEMPORARILY!!!! Just to get him accustomed to being a housecat. HE IS NOT STAYING!!!!!!!

I'll post pictures once he gets here.

He's not staying, he's not staying, he's not staying.
    Last edited by moosmom; 02-24-2012 at 05:40 AM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Malcolm Spunky Scratchy Moose still wants out as does Ebony Beau Tubster Two. Even in the snow
    We know that you will socialze those Two Little Cats of the Future and they will soon be House Cats Supreme for thier Families
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post

HE'S ONLY HERE TEMPORARILY!!!! Just to get him accustomed to being a housecat. HE IS NOT STAYING!!!!!!!

I'll post pictures once he gets here.

He's not staying, he's not staying, he's not staying.
    Gotch ya! Can't wait to see pics.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

As I read about the girl, I couldn't help but think of Mandy.

Were these 2 very close when trapped? I don't mean physically, I mean emotionally attached? And were they kept together or separated?

You may recall Mandy was stuck to the side of her brother; but the rescue insisted on separating them for socializing. I just don't think she was ready, and that this has made her life since (going on 4 years now) so much more difficult.

When it was Tommy and Tuppence turn, I insisted they be kept together, and it made a world of difference for Tuppy. Course I don't know how she would have developed if separated from him. But at the time, she would not leave his side, and I allowed her to stay there, where she felt save, until SHE was ready to venture away from him. I still remember those first few weeks, bold outgoing Tommy walking, running, jumping, doing kitten things; and Tuppy girl just trying to stick to his side, lol.

Sure hope the girl comes along!

Now, we all know he is not staying, Donna. Let us know how that works for ya!

He's not staying. Right. Gotcha. Whatcha gonna name him?
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

I hear ya.... and I actually know you mean it!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Sandie,

Not sure if they were close, as my friend Jan did the trapping. They were trapped together, along with their brother who went to the Bridge. Originally they were put together in a cage. I left them that way for a couple of weeks then separated them. Feral girls are generally more difficult to socialize.

The problem is these poor babies have had health issues (lungworm, roundworm ghiardia and now coccydia) so that's why they've been in a cage for so long. I've been going over to my friends house every day to socialize them. P-Diddy is doing so well. When he sees me, he runs to the front of the exercise pen and meows. He does the "elevator butt" dance and butts his head into my lips for kisses. I don't see him being at my house very long. When I hold him in my lap, he CRAVES being around Nancy's other cats. That's why I think he'll do well at my house TEMPORARILY!!!!

Lucy is still the hold-out. The one issue I have is that Nancy claims she doesn't have time to sit and socialize them, although she'll lay on her bed and read a book. I'm frustrated in that when I made the commitment to socialize these babies, I THOUGHT I was going to get help from her, but that's not the case. So now that P-Diddy will be at my house, I'm hoping it'll force Nancy's hand into helping me out a little.

Going to set up the crate in my bedroom and then go pick him up later today. I'll post pictures.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Fingers and paws crossed for the temporary guest(s) to do very well under your care, Moosmom! (Do you think there is a chance Lucy might thrive as an "only" kitty? I know you will do wonders, whether they come together or only P-Diddy by himself.

Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

He's HEEEEEERE!!!!!!

He's settling in nicely. I have the crate in my bedroom and my crew are free to go in and out of the room. He's very comfortable. He is so jonseing to schmooze with my furkids. But unfortunately, until he's finished with the Albon (next Monday) for coccydia (his sister tested positive, he didn't so it's just a precaution) he can only come when I'm holding him. The last thing I need is to have all my 8 kits come down with coccydia.

He's doing great right now and loves coming out to hang with me. I think once he learns how to be a housecat, he'll be find a great home.

HE'S NOT STAYING!!!!

He is an adorable boy! I know you can't keep him, but it would be almost impossible for me to give him up. Unless, of course, the perfect spot in the perfect home opens up. Then it would be doable. I hope this happens with Diddy.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

He's beautiful! A prayer that the purr-fect home will be identified for him!

NO Coccidia, NO Coccidia!
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 01-18-2012 at 03:59 PM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Me THINKS he's getting a little TOO comfortable.

Attachment 52257

I let him 'splore today. Because he's still being treated for coccydia as a precaution (his sister tested positive but he tested negative), I closed my bedroom door so he wouldn't hide under my bed, and I can keep an eye on him in case he decides to try and use my cats litterbox. Everyone did great. Some hissing, which is to be expected, but for the most part, very peaceful. He's learning how to be a housecat!!

Have I mentioned that HE'S NOT STAYING?????

I don't kow, Donna. Looks to me that he has moved right in. What a sweet little cutie! I love this most recent picture, he looks so relaxed and comfortable..... like he thinks he owns the place. But he's NOT STAYING - NOT STAYING- NOT STAYING- NOT STAYING
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

He's such a cute boy and you've done a great job socializing him - well done! He seems so content and feeling at home, but of course "HE IS NOT STAYING!!!!!!!" ... or is he?? I bet you'd have a hard letting him go!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

What a Great Looking Cat , he looks quite a bit like my Malcom Spunky Scratchy Moose!!
    What a shame that he will soon be on his way.
    But you certainly will remember your guest Cat and he will remember You
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS