Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Three legged Dixie

Three legged Dixie

Dixie can only walk on three legs. She was limping yesterday so I called the vet and took her in for an xray. There was significant swelling and I thought it might of been broken. Turns out it is just one very nasty sprain. She should be better in about a week or two per the vet. In the mean time she will be hobbling around.

Dusty is having a hard time getting use to this too since he lost his wrestling partner. He will have to find another way to amuse himself! That could mean trouble.

Poor Dixie I hope she feels better soon .. Guess, Dusty needs to just hang around 'til his 'wrestling partner' gets better ... Glad to hear from you again Candy We miss you a lot

GIve my {HUG} and slobbery kisses from Missy to Dixie and Dusty!!

So sorry to hear about Dixie sprained leg. I hope she is back to her oldself in no time!

Good to hear from you, Candy!

Get well quick, Dixie!! Dusty behave!!!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Awwwwwwwwww, I so sorry she has a sprain!!!!! Take good care of her, and give her lots of love and massages from her SC friends!!! 0

Logan

Aww poor Dixie, that sounds painful! I hope she feels better soon, before Dusty goes crazy.

Poor Dixie-Cup!! Boo-Boo leg!! Geez, Candy, I sure don't envy you trying to 2 happy, lively wrestling partners apart!! I'm a really good "the bigger the better" puppy wrestler,,,,,,,,,,,

Oh Candy! Huge hugs and kisses for You, Dixie, and Dusty!! I hope she will be better really soon. I hope the little guy doesn't get into too much trouble while mom is layed up for a bit!!

I am glad to see you posting Candy.. I sure have missed you

Hugs and kisses from Presley and I

I just came home and found Dixie's paw twice the size it was this morning when I left for work. I called the vet again and they want to see her back at 5:45 Eastern time. I think there must be something embedded in her foot and it looks like now it may be infected. I have used a magnifying glass and can't see anything. Please say a pray that the vet can see what is going on this time. It breaks my heart to have her hurting. Thanks.

Is it possibly broken??

Candy ~

If the Vet can't find a wound or penetration anywhere on the paw ~ Suggest considering a broken part...

Shadow ( RB) *BROKE* her rear, outside TOE one night - stubbed it on something. She hobbled around and whined like she'd damaged her back or hip. Vet looked and prodded all the major structures and said "I bet she injured just that paw; my guess is a broken toe. Let's take a picture."

Sure enough - One Well Broken Toe.
    Wrapped her paw and ankle joint and off she hobbled... for about two or three weeks.

She played the injury to the hilt - until the tiny sized (at the time) Boots Kat started to take advantage of the situation.
    Boots was thoroughly enjoying pestering Shadow ~
    Until Shadow had had enough one night - Boots had almost forgotten how fast he needed to run to stay out in front .

Hope the Vet Visit gets to the bottom of the problem!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

I really hope they can figure out what's wrong!! We'll be thinking about you!!! Poor Dixie...I think she deserves an extra cookie.

Feel better soon Dixie!!! We'll be praying for you!!!

Oh sweetie i know what you must be going through.. It breaks my heart to hear she isn't doing any better.. She is in my thoughts and i will be praying for her....
    please keep us up to date Candy.

Oh, poor Dixie!! We're so sorry to hear you not feeling any better. Candace, we hope that the vet can find the cause of her swelling and pain. Star and Cody send all their love with hopes that you're back on all 4's very soon! I'm sure Dusty's looking forward to that too! Love and prayers and healing hugs to you sweet Dixie girl.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Poor Dixie, I hope the Vet finds out the problem.
    Sending many good thoughts Dixie'w way.

----<---<--<{(@