Thread: Scatology 101?

Scatology 101?

As a dog owner - a title I have recently renewed - I have had to revisit an old 'talent' I learned when I was a dog owner, years ago.
    Te
    I always used to laugh at the old western/adventure movies where a guide, hero or scout would wander down a trail, stop and look at the spoor of a animal and immediately tell the kind of beast, what he ate, how long ago he pooped and what color of fur it had.

In the past week we had had rain and snow and cold weather.

Tucker, the Wonder Dog's stools are easy to spot when I go out to the compost heap. Against the fallen snow, they are easy to spot.

---------------------------------
    The other day, I walked into the garage to move some boxes around and came across a doodie on the floor.

The door to the garage is ajar because the latch/knob is broken and when I looked at the pile, I noticed that is was not a regular stool.

Hmmmm,

I thought that it may be from a stray that comes into the garage on occasion to sleep and hang out.

When I came back to pick it up, I was a little puzzled.

----------------------

Walking the Tuckster around the 'hood has made me immune to picking up after him. I like to think that any good dog owner should be on the look out for any change in their dog's doodie.

When I looked closer, It was not a cat pile, it was more dog-sized and I surmised that it was too cold for Tuck to poop on the grass, so he took it to the garage floor.

-------------------------

When I put the shovel down I noticed that it did not look right, there were some signs that maybe the Tuckmeister might be ill.

I thought about it for a while and began to laugh.

----------------------

The 'problem' with the present he left on the floor was pomegranate seeds.

Dogs can't digest the seeds!

Tuck is truely a Wonder Dog.

He loves veggies and fruit.

He and I shared a pomegranate a few days earlier. He loved the seed and I think he enjoyed it more that I did...

Anyway?

I figured out that was what was wrong with the 'specimen'.

I shoveled it out into the yard and lauged, mostly from relief - there is nothing wrong with the dog - and I know that the next time I eat pomegranates, I'll have my pal sitting next to me, waiting for a treat.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Isn't it amazing the things animals can teach us?

And isn't snow great for seeing what critters have been through your yard?
    I've Been Frosted