Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My beloved, beautiful Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    Jess, I still talk to my Bobby even though I know he's not there. I don't know for sure that it's normal but I don't think it's that an abnormal thing to do after losing a loved one. Heck, I would often talk to my hubby after he died too and I think I stayed relatively sane.

It is so hard I know. I don't know if this makes a lot of sense but maybe it would help a little if you could think of what Tommy would like you do. He was a happy very much loved dog because of you, wouldn't he want you going forward living your life with the legacy of some of the joie de vive he had lodged in your heart, to ease the sorrow a little day by day.

Love and {{hugs.}}
    Chris and Jess,
    I still talk to Captain. Almost everyday I think of something he did, and "mention" it to him. It helps to talk to them, even when they are gone.

Jess, the hurt and pain does go but it takes time, and watching tribute videos like yours and Chris's on Bob make it all come back, but in a good way. You keep on remembering the fun times, the happiness, the joy ....... the love.

Huge Huge hugs to you across the miles. He sure was a special boy.

Love
    Michelle
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Not on here much so I just saw this, so so sorry.
    I remember Tommy from all the way back when I was like 15 (almost 22 now).
    So sad to see him go
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Still thinking of you and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Jessica! ((((HUGS))))

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Tommy's memorial is dear to me and I felt guided when I made it, but I also knew something was missing still.

And so I made this one today. A celebration of a once-in-a-lifetime friend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtjJvqRKyKg
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Beautiful, just beautiful. Says it all. {{hugs}}

I will come back and look at your newest tribute to him later. Can't do it right now as I just found the strength to look at the first one. There is something about the gentle spirit of a Golden Retriever that I have never experienced with any other dog, although I have loved them all so much. Honey, Lilly, and Zipper are with Tommy now, along with my Murphy and Kaycee who were also so special, but having loved many Goldens through fostering and ownership, I know what you are grieving over. Even though Honey has been gone for six months now, I still look for her, wish for her every single day and when my daughter is home, we grieve together over our loss.
    Tommy is with God and many of our friends now. One day we will all rejoice again, together, in heaven. But I know your grief and mourn with you, Jess.

Watching it now and despite the upbeat song, tears are still forming. I love that joyous one of him jumping up about a minute into the video. I always got a kick out of him and his logs (not sticks). I'm glad you made another video. I hope it helped lighten your heart a little.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Just want to thank everyone again for their words. I am glad I made the 2nd video. He needed something happy that celebrated his life. He was such a beautiful dog wasn't he?

I just still struggle a lot with it. With the snow outside, there are no "Tommy trails" meandering through the yard. I feel a twist in my gut every time I feed the girls and his eager face isn't there. But most of all I miss his coming up with his goofy golden grin squeaking his toy and inviting me to play with him while I work. Plopping it in my lap and wagging his tail. Then sometimes he'd decide play was secondary and he'd rather get some loves and he would just lean into me and gaze up with his big soft eyes. Logan, you are so right. There is no dog on earth like a golden. I will have another someday when the time is right. I know there is a local golden rescue around here, but I'm fighting off any temptation to look at all. Now is just not the time for several reasons. And I know what I really want is Tommy back.

I still get the jolts of panic hit me sometimes as it hits me again he has left this world. I'm just keeping distracted as much as I can. I miss him. Miss him so bad it physically hurts.

The second video still bought tears, but also smiles. Such a gorgeous dog, so very happy and so so loved. I still miss Clover tossing her food bowl around when she decided is was breakfast time, she was just letting me know .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Thank you for being my friend...

Just looked at your second tribute and you know... "Thank You For Being My Friend"..goes both ways. You were his friend while he was here and I'm sure he's thanking you too. What a wonderful friendship and time you both had! What a beautiful dog Tommy was! Can't help you with the pain, but that's the risk we take when we give away our hearts. And your heart you gave him indeed!

I brought my boy home today. I had a dream early this morning that I went out in the yard and when I called the girls, Tommy came out with them. In my dream I called his name and he ran to me. It was so vivid.

I woke right after that and soon went to the vet's office to bring him home for good. I just wish it could have been like my dream instead.

It's good to see Tommy home. When I was waiting on Mandys ashes (these people delivered) I was so afraid I'd lose it all over again. I was so happy to feel like she was home again. I hope it brings you some comfort Jess.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

This is so weird. It really is.

First of all, my apologies for not posting sooner. I am so sorry for your loss of Tommy. I remember Tommy and Tasha pics so well. Tommy always reminded me of the typical Golden stereo-type, goofy, sweet as can be, always smiling, beautiful, handsome, and oh so smiley. He reminded me of Shadow form Homeward Bound. I remember seeing your two back when I first joined. I always always enjoyed the pictures you posted. I am so sorry, Jess, that you are so heart broken. I agree, losing a dog is always hard, but so unexpectedly makes it worse.

Maybe this is cliche, and so many people say it, but when I say Tommy lived the best life he could have, I mean it. He was always so happy. Rest in peace dear boy.

I just recently thought of Tommy. I started reading a book called "Until Tuesday" about a Golden who changed a soldiers life. His picture is on the cover and he reminded me so so so much of Tommy. Just his grin alone. I have started reading it and am really enjoying it. Maybe it would be a good book for you to read to? I know it's strange of me to suggest a book in this thread for you, but the picture of Tuesday on the cover really did make me think of Tommy.

Also I am glad he is home now, where he belongs with you

I'm glad for you that Tommy is home now. {{hugs}} I hope having him there helps, I know having my Bobs back has helped me tremendously.

I just watched the second memorial video. It is BEAUTIFUL! Looks like Tommy loved life, lived it to the fullest, and had loads of friends, human and canine. I am glad to hear that Tommy is home again an I hope you will heal better with him near. A reminder to y'all... take the time to take pics of your dogs. You never know when they will be gone. February 4 will be 3 years since our family lost our beloved 3 yr old lab mix to a very untimely death. I realized afterwards that I really don't have many pics of her. Partly her fault... she hated pics, but also my fault. Thankfully I had taken two of her with her buddy just a few days before. Praying for you!
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers