Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Difficult situation

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I think I would have to take a long hard look at my friendship with this lady. Seems to me that she is just using you. I'd tell her to cough up all the expenses involved in keeping kitty for the past 8 months - food, shelter, vet bills, etc. What's the boarding rate per day in your area for a cat??? I'll bet she'd change her mind really quick when faced with 8 months of expenses.

Or you could always tell her that kitty was so sick, that it had to be PTS. Maybe that's somewhat mean-spirited, but as long as she doesn't visit you, how is she to know???

I don't think that trying to appeal to her common sense and tell her that a move would be detrimental to kitty's health would work, because it doesn't sound like she has the common sense she was born with.

Keep us posted and let us know what happens - okay? Good luck, and bless you for caring.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Sorry I'm so late with this response but my thumb has been injured and couldn't type. Anyway I agree with everyone who said do not give that women that kitty back, she doesn't deserve to have an animal. Good luck to you.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    Cat???? What cat????? *POOF*!!! Get my drift??
    Hahaha, we've considered that! We're still waiting to make sure we know where the law is in Wisconsin, thankfully (?) I had a small health scare with my brother (he's 100% better now, phew!), so I may or may not have used that as an excuse to buy us some time... I'll keep everyone updated, thanks again!!

So any updates?
    In loving memory of Tigger 2003-2009. In loving memory of Ashes 2001-2013.

Update: Fin is still with us, I haven't had any contact with my friend, I think she knows now that he needs to stay with us (she has already quit her job to work as a bartender, so her flakiness hasn't really changed). The last time I heard from her was early February, at the time I didn't return her call, my dear sweet kitty Meekert had passed on days before from complications from kidney failure so I was not about to discuss her wanting to take another baby from me. I think she knows it was for the best, she loves going out and having a very active social life, so Fin would have been alone all the time. Thank you all again for the advice and support, I'm so happy it all worked out for us, he's definitely a very special member of the family!

No good deed goes unpunished!

I am glad you still have the kitty. I am sorry your lost one in the meantime. I hope your one time friend forgets your phone number.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Your lesson was a lesson for us all, I'm afraid. There are tons of nice people out there but every now and then you run into someone who just doesn't get it (life).

Quote Originally Posted by Herbstie View Post
    Update: Fin is still with us, I haven't had any contact with my friend, I think she knows now that he needs to stay with us (she has already quit her job to work as a bartender, so her flakiness hasn't really changed). The last time I heard from her was early February, at the time I didn't return her call, my dear sweet kitty Meekert had passed on days before from complications from kidney failure so I was not about to discuss her wanting to take another baby from me. I think she knows it was for the best, she loves going out and having a very active social life, so Fin would have been alone all the time. Thank you all again for the advice and support, I'm so happy it all worked out for us, he's definitely a very special member of the family!
    We are so glad! He deserve love and stability!
    I've Been Frosted

Wonderful news!

Any chance of you posting a new introductory thread with photos of Fin? PTrs love pictures!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

This woman is not stable, obviously. Fin needs a stable home...WITH YOU!!!

THANK YOU for caring. You are a true gem!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!