Thread: light brown urine

light brown urine

I think one of the critters (Spunky or Sam) has been peeing brown.

I've wondered about it, having seen reddish pee clumps in the litter box but I also use cedar additive that is reddish.

Anyway, someone got mad at me when I stepped out of the kitchen to feed Bertie last week (after being late from holiday silliness) and peed against the recycle bag.

It was quite a bit of pee. Spunks is the only one that doesn't squat when peeing so it's likely him.

I believe it was Spunks that had the slightly high creatinine levels from senior blood-work. Yeah, I searched for the previous post and it is Spunks. hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by mrspunkysmom View Post
    I heard from the vet today.

Spunky has a slightly high creatinine level. Everything else was normal. And he definitely has a heart murmur.

It was light brown.

It did not smell even like normal urine. No ammonia-like smell. Looked almost like spilled tea.

I had been giving him and Emily some ham during Christmas. Shame on me.

I got a urine specimen cup from the vet. I'll try to catch him in the act of try to stimulate some other way.

Any thoughts, experiences, or suggestions?
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Usually, concentrated urine is a sign that their water intake isn't enough. But if there's blood, it may be that Spunky has crystals in his urine.

You can get special cat litter that will detect blood in the urine. I THINK it's called "Cat Attract".

Good luck with Spunky. I hope it's nothing serious.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I'm sorry to hear this. He could have a UTI which would be painful so then most cats will pee in places other than the litterbox. Yes, I would try to bring in a fresh sample of urine to your vet and then hopefully he'll be able to tell you more. If it isn't Spunky then you'll need to investigate further to see who it may be. Since cats don't usually drink enought water, it's good to feed them some canned food daily. I don't know if you're doing this with Spunky or not. Good luck.

I once bought that special litter from my vet; total waste of money, IMO. Stick with the cup!

Good luck. Let us know what you learn.

Spunky really likes wet food. Sam loves dry food but drinks plenty of water from his fountain.

Of course it could be someone else, so I'll have to catch them one at a time.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)