Well, Casey and Smokey tried getting into trouble today while I was at work.

I came home from work, and Smokey was hiding under the end table next to the couch acting scared. Casey was upstairs. Usually, he's right at the front door waiting for me as I come in with Casey right behind him. Normally, he only gets scared like that when visitors are here so my first thought was that somebody had broken in, which did happen in 2004 before I had any of my cats. Thankfully, that wasn't the case.

I looked around to see what was wrong. The first thing I noticed was that the stopper from the upstairs bathroom sink was now in the living room under the recliner. I hadn't put cayenne pepper on it since last weekend, so Smokey's been waiting for the taste/smell to go away apparently.

The other thing I noticed was that they got on the bookshelf from last week again. However, this time, no books were touched. However, there were footprints in the cayenne pepper that I'd put in the shelf. Apparently, somebody had gotten up on the shelf and gotten back off after discovering the pepper.