Thread: If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all!

If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all!

Well, on the bright side of things, I got my phone turned back on as a Christmas present to myself. It's been off since October, there were other more important things I had to spend my money on (like food for the animals, helping my mom, gas for my car, etc.)

On the bad side of things...

Yesterday, my mom and I were driving to go see my grandparents and to go get a check cashed where they live.

We pull over to call my dad, to find out if his wife (who works at a cigarette store and cashes checks for us all the time) could cash this one... Well, he didn't answer, so we decided we were just going to drive down there.

I turn the ignition on and try to start my car, nothing. Try it again--nothing.

So, at about that time, my dad calls back, tells me he'll call someone and ask if they know anything about it. He calls me back, he's coming over there with one of my half brothers.

Well, after a couple of hours of investigating, in the dark, with my dad, my half brother, and my stepbrother, it turns out that the fuel pump on my car has went out! So, my dad calls, gets an estimate for a new one... $243 .

So, he calls his brother in law, who finds one on Ebay or $30. Granted, they only have a one month warranty, but $30 is a lot better than $243, which neither my dad, my mom, or me would have been able to afford right now.

Now I just have to wait up to a week or so for the part to get here, and then Buttercup will be as good as new.

Oh, and to top things off, I thought I had broken my toe . I was acting stupid, doing a rain dance/Buttercup get better dance, and I twisted my ankle and landed on my toe. On the bright side of things, I woke up this morning and was able to move my toe, so apparently it is just badly bruised and will heal eventually!

But I've come to the conclusion, if I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all. I guess this could be worse though, a fuel pump is pretty fixable, but it still sucks that my car is broken!

Just wanted to rant a little.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

I feel your pain, girl.

I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop. My Dad once told me to, "Expect the worst so you're not disappointed." Words to live by (which I obviously did).

My car is a a 2001 Kia Sephia. It's got 117,000 miles and is running well, knock on wood. The body looks like a rust bucked and things are going on it. But in the long run, as long as it keeps running, I'll plug money into it!!

At least you don't have a car payment, expensive insurance (brand new car), collision (depending on the age of the car), AND car taxes (yes, I live in CT and I'm taxed to death!!) in applicable states.

Hang in there!!

xoxoxox

Donna and fur crew

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I'm sorry Bri! Unfortunately with cars, its bound to happen. With fixing things on my car and maintenance such as brakes and tires, I've spent at least $4000 dollars on it since 2008. It just comes with the territory of owning a vehicle!

Hopefully life looks up for you! Hope ur toe heals quickly, too!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Glad your toe isn't truly busted, silly Bri! Hope the fuel pump comes soon!
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Join the club Bri!! I had new brakes and tires put on my car last winter, and had to take it in to the shop on Monday to have a slow leak in one of the tires fixed. When the mechanic asked if my brakes were grinding, I told him they sure as heck better not be, or you can repair them for free since I've only put a few thousand miles on the car since the new ones were put on. Well come to find out, that the brake calipers are sticking and need to be replaced (they aren't part of a new brake job) - to the tune of almost $500. Merry Christmas car!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Ouch Pom - I feel your pain. Just what you need at this time of year. If you had a neighbour who worked on cars as a hobby and for much less money you could go that route but I guess not every neighbourhood has these handy guys. We're lucky enough to have one of them and while we have our regular garage for maintenance and stuff he does come in handy for so many things. Sometimes will just trade off the work for a favour he needs, now there's a good deal for both sides. He loves doing body work too so he does our son's and daughter's cars if they happen to get a dent or what not.
    Maybe Santa will surprise you somehow
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

My dad is fixing mine, so I'm not going to a shop or anything . We are just waiting on the part to get here. Then hopefully my dad and my brothers will be free so he can get it installed pretty quickly!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

Update...

My toe is almost healed, there's still a very small amount of pain there, but it's almost healed and it doesn't hurt to walk on it anymore or anything.

ANDDD...

The fuel pump for my car came in yesterday!

My dad called me today and said he was going to try to get it put in between now and Monday... So let's hope that this actually fixes my car and there isn't something else going on too.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

That sucks! I know how you feel! Our car seems like something is always going on it. I think we still owe $600 for when they fixed it last and it seems the breaks are going AGAIN. We're getting a new car soon... I hope your part gets here quickly and you get it up and running again soon!

edit: I should probably read all the posts before commenting lol! Glad the part is here!

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo