Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We miss you Phred

We miss you Phred

We lost a beloved Pet Talker almost one year ago on the 15th of December. He contributed so much to this forum. I don't think we could remember all that he did for all of us.

Stop, give a thought or say a prayer for our beloved Phred (John Morris) and share with him that this 'ol dirt ball just isn't quite the same without him.

He is dearly missed and was well loved.
    Last edited by gini; 12-14-2011 at 05:08 PM.

We miss him a lot, but are sure he's having a grand time up there with a working ticker and everything!
    I've Been Frosted

I thought of him every time I logged on here all year long. There is always at least one post that makes you stop and think, "what did Phred say to this? Oh yeah, he's gone," or "Phred would have loved that!"

Phred, you are missed so much; hope it's a grand party!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Oh Phred, I'm sure you're having a grand time up there, but we here on this ole dirtball really miss you and your input here on PT.

Every time there is a special holiday like Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas I would always find an e-card in my inbox from Phred. I'm so thankful that I made the effort to get to Findlay and meet him.

Phred, I imagine you filling your days with looking after the furbabies up there and I can only imagine the Christmas tree and all the lights.

Merry Christmas Phred. I will toast you on the 15th and at Christmas and New Years and Fathers Day and Easter and....
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Phred is most definitely missed. He was such a special part of our Pet Talk family here, such a good man and loved by so many. We love and miss you, Phred!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I have thought of him many time over this last year.. You can't come to Pet Talk without remembering him for something he said or did. He was one of a kind! One in a million. He will always be missed.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I also think of him often. But more so this week.

We definitely miss you Phred!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Gini thanks for bringing this up.

I can't believe it's already been a year, seems like just yesterday he was giving me one of his big ol' hugs at Findlay.
    He never met a dog he didn't like or that didn't like him.He always had plenty of treats to share with everyone.

If you needed anything, he was there and more than willing to help.

Your always missed Phred. I hope you and all the furkids are having a blast

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Phred will always be missed especially here on PT. I too think about him often. I hope he's having a great time up at the Bridge with all of the furkids.

.......i think of him many times when on Pet Talk.....

Thanks to PCB!

Thank you, Gini, for starting this thread. I got up this morning with the intention of starting one in memory of Phred, my brother - and was reminded of his connection with so many through PT. You all were his second family - more like his primary in the last few years of his life!!! And for that, I truly thank you.

Phred had a soft spot for the lost fur kids from his youth - being there when our Lady dog was brought into the local police (he was known to hang out with the firemen who shared the building in those days - which laid the stage for his lifetime as a fire fighter) and came home to report the little stray that looked just like one we had briefly brought in from the cold (Lady I, who died of probably distemper). Long story short, Mom and I went to check out this little girl and brought her home!!!

My heart has been empty this year, missing my big brother who was always there to look out for me. I'm glad many of you were able to know him and experience his love and generosity. I know that the party over the Bridge is big one this year - Christmas was always Phred's favorite.

Thank you all for cherishing his memory and honoring his life.

Bibette & Lulu (aka Nancy)

I miss Phred too. He is happy I am sure wherever he is and he will be in our hearts furrever.

Phred is indeed greatly missed here. I know he is with all the PT angel pets watching over those still around.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018