Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My poor Tree

Hehe cats have a way of doing that!

When my other cat, Angel, was a kitten, she would climb to the middle if the tree and hide inside. Then on her journey back down, she would knock down half the ornaments and balls..

RIP Sally

Hi fellow kitties,
    When I got Meowmie's message yesterday I couldn't believe what I heard! First of all, I'm convinced of your innocence so don't worry about a thing.

A few questions here. Exactly what are the charges against you? Have you been arrested? Did anyone witness the offense? Are the police involved?

Most important of all, DO NOT answer ANY questions. Refer all of them to me. My purralegal is going over pictures of the crime scene and I'll talk to her when I get to my office.

Don't hesitate to call me on my cell phone if something comes up. I'll talk to you about your case this afternoon.

Your friend,
    Groucho the Lawyer
    Practice Limited to Kitty Krimes and Aboose
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by momcat View Post
    Hi fellow kitties,
    When I got Meowmie's message yesterday I couldn't believe what I heard! First of all, I'm convinced of your innocence so don't worry about a thing.

A few questions here. Exactly what are the charges against you? Have you been arrested? Did anyone witness the offense? Are the police involved?

Most important of all, DO NOT answer ANY questions. Refer all of them to me. My purralegal is going over pictures of the crime scene and I'll talk to her when I get to my office.

Don't hesitate to call me on my cell phone if something comes up. I'll talk to you about your case this afternoon.

Your friend,
    Groucho the Lawyer

Your Purralegal ??? LOL love it.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by momcat View Post
    Hi fellow kitties,

Your friend,
    Groucho the Lawyer
    Well, no arrests have been made, but the circumstantial evidence is pretty damaging. Especially since Mikey is particuarly fond of the silver ornaments. He says that they're already off the tree and nobody bothered to pick them up, they're free game.

Meowmie keeps asking us who invited the neigborhood kiktties over -- she said the litterbox had much more than a normal amount of scoopage. It doesn't help that the orange tabby two doors down keeps hanging out in our yard and runs away like he's guilty whenever meowmie sees him.

Nobody telling anything! So glad we have your help!

Groucho, let me know if you need any help in this case! I am at your service to help with these innocent kitties!

Purrs, Pinot
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

That's funny. THEY (probably more than one) did a number on that tree.

I no longer have a tree with electric lights (just a little one with balls out of reach of Luke). He used to have bad habit of chewing on wires, such as telephone line which he chewed in half AND he chewed a little bit on Christmas lights and shorted out one of them. Lights were not plugged in at the time and I saw him. If lights had been plugged in, he might have gotten a nasty shock. Maybe that would have taught him not to do it but on other hand it might have really hurt him. Anyway no more elec lights on tree.

I don't think any kitties did this. No cat would EVER do something like this!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    When I had cats, they never bothered the tree, except to knock some of the ornaments off the bottom branches, so after a season or two of that, I used only unbreakable ones toward the bottom. My son's 2 cats don't bother the tree at all, but they insist on constantly rearranging the tree skirt to suit themselves.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I am LMBO!!!! What did you expect? They KNOW that tree with all the pretty stuff was put up for their fun and amusement..... otherwise, why would it be there?

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Kim, I bet if they could talk, they'd all say that the dog did it.

Hello fellow kitties,
    Don't worry, circumstantial evidence does not establish a prima facie case. After our conference call and the information you provided, a complete and thorough investigation must be done. One of the first things we need to do is talk to that orangie you've seen around your house. I also think you can all be exonerated based on the over filled litter box. Pinot is working on her maps and GPS now so we can get to you as soon as the Catmobile arrives. We'll also be stocking up some food for you from the Haggis In A Hurry Shoppe just to be sure your tummies are full. I'll call you on your cell phones once we're on the road.

Your friend,
    Groucho the Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    Groucho, let me know if you need any help in this case! I am at your service to help with these innocent kitties!

Purrs, Pinot
    Hi Pinot,
    Thank you so much! I do need help with this investigation to clear our friends. Do you need maps? The Catmobile is on the way, as soon as it gets here I'll call your Catberry. We'll discuss case specifics once we're on our way.

Your friend,
    Groucho
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Just a note for ALL the moms and dads out there from the CREW.
    1. always have a cup hook installed in the ceiling.
    2. 20-30lb test monofilament fishing line is almost invisible.
    This keeps the tree in the up right position.
    3. All lights should be battery operated (we have almost 200 on a 4ft tree)
    4. Ornaments up to 3 ft off the floor/table should be Styrofoam.
    They bounce real nice and the thread covering is fun to chew.
    5. All others must be wood or plastic
    6. Never have a live tree, that water can make us sick.

This should prevent Groucho the Lawyer from calling

A side note from GILL the lights run on 2 "D" size batteries (per set) and last 24-48 hrs if on continually. I go through 20-40 batteries a season.
    Last edited by GILL; 12-15-2011 at 12:01 PM.
    GILL & Crew;

Aw, I used to love when one of my cats would redecorate the tree or rearrange the gifts. This crew - even Blue, who's a real dude - didn't touch it last year. I remember one year, when the manger was prominently displayed under the tree - Merlin thought the angel looked better on her head! I miss those days. So far, I don't have the tree up; I live alone, no one comes, and the cats aren't interested, so why bother?

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea